WnSoft Forums

Music, ITunes and Pictures to exe

I have a Mac with VM Fusion and have recently installed Pictures to Exe for Windows. All my music files are stored in iTunes on my Mac. It's a shared folder on vmware-host but I can't get the music to play in Pictures to Exe. I have downloaded Quicktime for Windows and iTunes on the Windows platform in an attempt to convert to an appropriate format. I can play the music from the iTunes folder from within Windows, but I still can't get it to play in Pictures to Exe. Any other suggestions about what I should do?

Hi,

You will need to convert your iTunes to mp3 - here's a free converter:

It wants to install a tool bar, but I think you can disable that.....

http://translateye.c...leconverter.php

Read about it here:

http://itunesm4ptomp3.wordpress.com/

There are numerous converters which are low cost but not "free." You could also do a web search for other freeware to do this.

Lin

I have a Mac with VM Fusion and have recently installed Pictures to Exe for Windows. All my music files are stored in iTunes on my Mac. It's a shared folder on vmware-host but I can't get the music to play in Pictures to Exe. I have downloaded Quicktime for Windows and iTunes on the Windows platform in an attempt to convert to an appropriate format. I can play the music from the iTunes folder from within Windows, but I still can't get it to play in Pictures to Exe. Any other suggestions about what I should do?

what format is the music?

You will need to convert your iTunes to mp3 - here's a free converter:

Not necessarily. He didnt say what format its in. If its mp3, it won't need any conversion and its a different problem. if not, then itunes can convert to mp3 or wav.

http://itunesm4ptomp3.wordpress.com/

There are numerous converters which are low cost but not "free." You could also do a web search for other freeware to do this.

That link is about copy protected music which Apple hasn't sold for a few years and if it does need to be converted iTunes can do it. No need to use anything, free or not.

Thanks. I have done what Crossfade suggested and have been able to get music to play on Pictures to Exe. Does that mean I hold two copies of the track in the library, or could I delete the aac version? And should I just make everything mp3 in the first place? Why change back to aac after converting?

Another problem, since I downloaded iTunes to Windows (not sure if I needed to do that now), I can't open iTunes on the Mac - says it can't read the library because it was created by a newer version of iTunes. Bit out of my depth here!

Thanks. I have done what Crossfade suggested and have been able to get music to play on Pictures to Exe. Does that mean I hold two copies of the track in the library, or could I delete the aac version?

you have two copies, one aac and one mp3.

You should keep the original aac files, since converting will be lower quality (although you may not hear a difference). I'd remove the mp3 files from iTunes though and keep them with PTE and leave the originals in iTunes. HOw big are they? a few songs won't be that much extra space.

And should I just make everything mp3 in the first place? Why change back to aac after converting?

Aac is better quality so unless you want all your music for PTE might as well keep the better quality. It only matters for music you import from Cd's.

Another problem, since I downloaded iTunes to Windows (not sure if I needed to do that now), I can't open iTunes on the Mac - says it can't read the library because it was created by a newer version of iTunes. Bit out of my depth here!

are both versions of iTunes the same? a new version of iTunes came out today so maybe you picked up the newer version on Windows but not on Mac yet. It always makes a backup copy of your library file in the music folder so you can switch back to an older version if you want to do that instead.