WnSoft Forums

From PTE to Photoshop

JohnL

Regarding the facility of using Ctrl and W to open images into photoshop from PtE.

I have just picked up on this thread but I feel I need reminding......Is it only possible to use this shortcut on images selected from the slide directory and NOT from the actual slide line along the bottom? I feel sure I could previously select an image from the slideline and amend it in PS.

I have selected 'the graphical editor' in 'View & advanced etc' and also my images on the computer will open in photoshop normally.

Is it my senility or is something amiss?

Anthony

Re ..my previous post of 10 minutes ago..

I have been playing with this and for whatever reason some AVs opened in V 6.5 and also V7 will behave in the desired way ie, images will open from the slideline into photoshop, however some AVs do not. Why this should be I have not the slightest notion. Is it the way the AV was put together, on my laptop or the desktop? Was it raining at the time?

Life would be boring it it all went to plan.

Anthony (bemused)

Anthony,

You must have either or both of the following options set:

Windows default programme to open JPEGs (from Explorer etc) = PS

PTE programme to Edit Images = PS

If the option in PTE is set to use the Default I assume that it means the Windows Default?

I suppose that you now need to look carefully at the ones that are not opening and see if there is a difference between those and the ones that will open.

Please let us know?

What happens in a completely new project?

DG

DG.

Yes all the options in PtE are set correctly.

I have tried a new test sequence in V 7 and it works as it should ie, opening any selected image from the slide line into PS immediately. But as I said yesterday with some previous projects it doesn't. There are no obvious differences in the various projects so I am confused why this should be the case.

However as long as it works with a new project I am happy (although still very confused).

Thanks guys for your input. If I work it out I will let you know what it is.

Anthony