WnSoft Forums

AVG Virus Alert [RESOLVED]

davegee

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lennart,

AVG Free 2012 APPEARS to have solved the problem.

I'm not getting the problem any more after updating 2012 around noon today.

DG

I can confirm AVG 2012 Antivirus allows me to create .exe file from PTE and download .exe files from my website. However, my version of AVG 2012 seems to be a free trial which runs out in 30 days. Is there a real FREE AVG 2012?

I'm not getting the problem any more after updating 2012 around noon today.

Hello everyone,

I contacted AVG support today in the morning (our morning actually: +3.00 GMT). I've got AVG anti-virus on my PC too. Now I can run exe slide shows without any problems. Please, update your anti-virus programs and write back if the problem still exists.

Kind regards to all,

Hello all,

I am having trouble creating an EXE file with version 7, when I start to create an EXE file a message comes up virus detected and locks everything up, However I have no trouble creating EXE files with version 6.5. I do not have AVG anti virus I use Virgin Media Security. I have tried many times with version 7 and have now given up on it, am now using version 6.5

Colin.

Colin,

If you are not including Video in your project you can open your V7 project in V6.5 and publish from there.

Using the AVG "model" you should report it to Virgin Media Security as a possible false positive.

Same goes for Bitdefender.

Ken reported early on that it was a known problem across the network.

DG

I have just renewed my licenced copy of AVG to 2012, so will see what happens.

Am presently working on a very big project in version 7 and have received the message once with my 2011 AVG version.

Have made a zipped copy of this large file (115mb) and copied to my external hard drive.

Colin

Harold,

You and Ken are both on Windows 7 - coincidence?

I updated to version 2012 a few days ago - maybe version 10 has not yet been updated?

DG

My version of AVG is 2012.0.1831

Database Version: 2090/4545

On my Win 7 system, AVG 2012 database version 4545 still gave the problem. I've just forced AVG to update to database version 4546 and the problem is no longer present. Two-three working days to fix a piece of free software isn't too bad. It's just that when it's the AV software it is kind of crippling.

regards,

Peter

An indicator that the same update does not necessarily mean the same thing in different a OS?

DG

With AV software, it isn't the software version that's important, it's the level of the database. I would expect the same level of database to have the same behaviour on all OS variants. I would not expect the same software version to necessarily have the same behaviour on all operating systems. Each operating system will have its own, unique exposures.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Will you now consider installing V7.0.1 so that we can get another opinion about the possible bug that Jill and I have identified.

I have installed to a different folder on my XP machine and not overwritten V7 - I sure that you could do the same in W7?

We have had one reply from a W7 user who failed to see what we are seeing, but the more ammunition for Igor when he returns the better?

DG

I have just tested 7.0.1 and created an exe file for windows. I have played the file with no problem whatsoever. My Anti-virus software is ESET's NOD32 updated with todays definitions. My system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1.

Regards,

Paul

Lennart,

AVG Free 2012 APPEARS to have solved the problem.

I'm not getting the problem any more after updating AVG Free 2012 around noon today.

DG

Yes, thanks. Now all is running.

/Lennart

Harold,

Consider upgrading to AVG 2012 FREE.

The False Positive is resolved in 2012 FREE.

DG

I have just upgraded to AVG 2012 FREE & it has not cured the problem.

I just tried to Publish & it flagged up 2 of my existing sequences as being infected. Both of these were created (I think) with v6.5.

Just going to the folder in Windows Explorer which contains these exe's brings up the AVG virus threat warning. Yet all the others in the same folder are ignored.

Running on laptop with Vista.

Jill