WnSoft Forums

3 D Speed options

I have just experienced the need to control the speed of 3D 'x' and 'y' rotations when spinning a 3D object, e.g. to Accelerate and Slow Down.

The options are there for Animation PZR speed options, Linear,Accelerate,etc + detailed Setup.

Is there any way to implement similar controls in the 3D 'x' and 'y' parameters?

If not, is this a requirement that others have experienced and would be useful to add to Igor's wish list?

A work around I implemened was to have numerous keypoints, between which I increased or decreased the number of rotations. A bit 'lumpy' but it worked!

Boogie

This has my support as an enhancement to PTE! If we get some more takers I'll move the topic to the Suggestions part of the forum.

Peter

I am in favour of this as well.

Go ahead and move it Peter.

Ron West

If I remember it correctly, the speed of Pan Z can be controlled via the speed options for an ordinary Pan (Pan X and Y), while the speed of Rotate X and Rotate Y can be controlled via the speed options for an ordinary Rotation (to be regarded as Rotate Z).

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver

Altering the main PZR settings did not work for me. Can you describe in more detail the settings you recall?

Thanks

Boogie

I have now tried it again and found that on a simple 3D object, if I set all the main PZR setting to say 'Accelerate', it has the desired effect.

I will continue to experiment.

Thanks for the lead

Peter

Another problem solved!

It looks as though Igor had already sussed out the speed options for 3D objects as Xaver has demonstrated.

I achieved what I wanted to do by following Xaver example and making sure the keypoints were 'Separated' and Speed options applied in the Custom/Setting up' section of main PZR 'Rotate'

Another Brownie Point for Igor!!

Thanks also again to Xaver!! How would we manage without the Forum!