WnSoft Forums

Pictures Index Viewer Version 2

boxig

Pictures Index Viewer B) (Version 2)

Much improved, very easy to configure.

just make thumbnails of your pictures, write a list of pictures names and one page that tells all about the pictures (use Notepad).

The program will show your pictures names and a click on a name will show the thumb, while description will be below.

You can add a folder to the CD with your thumbs inside

and 2 text files (and the program) and in your presentation you

make a button link to the program. This way you don't have to

force the presentation with more stuff.

More details in the Readme file.

Happy New Year :)

Really a good piece of software, Granot!

I think this utility will be much appreciated by professional photographers, but also by many other PTE members because of its usefulness and its many possible employments.

Congrats!

;) Hi Guru and all,

Version 3 already uploaded.

Now you can put thumbs up to 430x352 pixels !

Now you can include 250 pictures !

Now only one TXT file for names and one for details !

Now interface 640 x 480.

And still to come....

And....

"PresentationList" Version 5 - Last version - uploaded

Hi, I'm also new here. I have a small photo business I've recently started mainly doing children's and HS Senior photos. I downloaded the P2E program and am having a blast with it. I used it to make a slideshow of a trip we took to Yellowstone and it is wonderful.

Now I've downloaded the Pictures Index Viewer and I'm having some trouble getting the text to show under the pictures. Can anyone tell me in 'simple' terminology what I might be doing wrong. I tried to insert my own text into the text file, but nothing shows up. Do I need to designate somehow which picture the text goes with?

I'm counting on getting some help here from you guys, because I'm about the only computer literate person in the house, and believe me "I ain't that computer literate!"

Thanks,

Nancy

fmn-photo.com

Nancy,

1. In "Pictures To EXE"

Go to Project Options/Comments Tab - and configure how you want your file name to appear. Another way is just to add a Text object to each slide.

2. In "Pictures Index Viewer"

The text you see under the pictures is same text for all pictures. It is a simple TXT file called "MyText.txt" which you'll find in the "Pictures Index Viewer" program. Open this page with Notepad and clear all. Now write your introduction and then details for each picture by same order as your 1.kpg 2.jpg etc. Write the number of each picture. When the user opens picture 58, he will scroll to picture 58 text.

Be sure you have last version 3

Now I've downloaded the Pictures Index Viewer and I'm having some trouble getting the text to show under the pictures. Can anyone tell me in 'simple' terminology what I might be doing wrong. I tried to insert my own text into the text file, but nothing shows up. Do I need to designate somehow which picture the text goes with?

I'm counting on getting some help here from you guys, because I'm about the only computer literate person in the house, and believe me "I ain't that computer literate!"

Thanks,

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I'm pretty computer literate, and I can't get it to work either - same problem. I think maybe there is a problem either with understanding the requirement or with the code - maybe we can get some input from someone who is getting it to work. I'm trying version 3.0 I've replaced "mytext.txt" with my own text and saved it exactly as the original and this is what I get:

Best regards,

Lin

http://www.lin-evans.com/samples/viewer.jpg

All members

Truly apologize for my uploading the wrong file to "Beechbrook".

If you don't see your text page (MyText.txt) on each page of the "PicturesIndexViewer", please download again. I've just uploaded the right file.

Thanks to Lin who let me know about my mistake.

Truly sorry for any inconvenience.

Granot

Hi friends!

Just got and checked PicturesIndexViewer v4.0 by Boxig.

Great! Now you can put into the viewer up to 300 pictures of 570 x 390 pixels (not exactly "thumbnails" like in previous versions!).

And when you open the program a customizable picture can be set with your logo or what you like better. Its size is 770 x 540 pixels, like the main window of the program (see Boxig's post "Sorry").

This program can be now really very useful to make photo albums, tutorials, projects presentations and many other picture-based works.

I think this v4.0 will be very soon available in Beechbrook site, and I thank here our friend Granot for this excellent work.

"PicturesIndexViewer" Version 4 uploaded.

If you install on previous version don't forget to copy all your text

files somewhere else, otherwise the setup will change them to new

files and your data will be lost (it's good idea to keep a copy somewhere just in case).

Thanks to Guido for checking it up,

Granot

Just finish to add a great RTF editor to Pictures Index Viewer.

Now you can choose colors, font size, background color, Bold, Italic, underline etc. I added the editor to Version 5.

But I'm not sure if there are enough members who want this new version, so I keep it in my drawer for a while.

Boxig

Keep up the great work ... your continious effort to enhance and simplify the functions and capabilities of your Utility Tools is becoming very useful to the needs of many users.

Currently, I havent personally had much time to review and use in depth your arsenal of Tools ... but I have been keeping up with their progress ... and they are impressive I must admit.

Once I get my current projects timetables and schedules sorted out for this new year ... I will be able to keep up with all the new happenings around here in the forum :P

But I'm not sure if there are enough members who want this new version, so I keep it in my drawer for a while.

Granot -

I think you have no need to keep your latest in the drawer. I am sure there are many users who appreciate your on-going products. It is just a matter of not being always able to keep up with your very quick response time. But please don't let our schedules slow you down. Thank you for your attention and utilities.

I like to add my “voice” too, on account to this great program: PICTURES INDEX VIEWER v4, but let’s call it simply PIV.

I agree with Guru about it’s usefulness for each of us working with P2E. As far as I’m concerned, I just saw the possibility to archive some works of mine in a professional look.

My opinion is this program, together with PRESENTATION LIST, to be interesting for professionals purposes.

Once more, many thanks to Granot for giving us so beautiful and useful programs.

As it happens very often to me, I agree with Stu. Your utilities are becoming more and more convenient and suitable to all of us, with a really impressive progress, and you want to keep them in your drawer!

Keep up your work, Granot! It is very important and useful!