WnSoft Forums

wishing

JRR

:) I have been away from P2E for a little while working on other stuff. The current version is GREAT with the ease of synchronization and "previewing" from the Synchronization "bar".

I have tried other software and keep coming back to P2E

I just put together a 10 minute show with 98 images and have come away with two requests for future consideration:

1. After I had the show synched, I had to add 6 seconds of silence to the front end of my sound file so that the images would appear from #1 when running the preview. The sound file (105MG .wav file) started properly but the images hung back until #3. It would have been VERY nice to have been able to add 6 seconds to each transition start time with a single entry, rather tha have to adjust each of the 98 images times.

2. I had to change the transition effects on several images. It would have been nice to be able to that from the synchronization "bar".

Thanks

After I had the show synched, I had to add 6 seconds of silence to the front end of my sound file so that the images would appear from #1 when running the preview. The sound file (105MG  .wav file) started properly but the images hung back until #3. It would have been VERY nice to have been able to add 6 seconds to each transition start time with a single entry, rather tha  have to adjust each of the 98 images times.

I do this kind of thing in Excel by manually editing the .PTE file.

If you use the synch window and examine the PTE file, you'll see all the synch times near the front of the .PTE file. To do what you described, I would:

1. Make a backup copy of the .PTE file.

2. Manually strip off everything but the slide transition times in the appropriate lines in the .PTE file.

3. Copy those lines from the .PTE file to a column in Excel.

4. Use Excel to increase the values and create an appropriate column to copy back to the .PTE file.

5. Copy it back.

Viola! This takes less than five minutes and it's done.

Harold

• 2 weeks later...
I do this kind of thing in Excel by manually editing the .PTE file.

----------snip-------------------

Harold

Harold,

I tried your technique, and when I attempted to load the modified file back into PTE, I received a message saying that I was trying to load an older version of PTE file, and the program refused to load the file. But, the slide show I used it on was created in version 3.80, and used Excel 2000 to manipulate the data.

I have developed a set of formulae to separate out the data from the text, and could easily put these into a simple set of macros to automate the process, but if it won't load, there is no point in trying. ;)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Ciao,

Al

I tried your technique, and when I attempted to load the modified file back into PTE, I received a message saying that I was trying to load an older version of PTE file, and the program refused to load the file.

Al,

I only replace the lines of the PTE file that contain the transition times. I leave everything else alone, so it loads without any problem.

Harold

Thanks, Harold.

I retried your technique, and I am happy to report I got it to work as you described :)

I was saving the Excel file as a ".wks" file and changing the name, instead of saving as a ".txt" file. When I saved as a ".txt" file I used the "Tab delimited" rather than the "Unicode" mode.

Also, previously, I was "importing" the ".pte" file in data mode, using "=" as a delimiter, rather than just clicking and dragging it in from MS Explorer, and manipulating it from there. (I think the "=" delimiter method would still be possible, but it involves unneccessary work.)

Now to get busy and write a macro :blink: .

Ciao,

Al