WnSoft Forums

Text with special characters

Monty

Hi, all! For a short while, I thought I couldn't add text with special features (such as diacritics). My conclusion was based on the way the text appeared in the property menu's text box in object editor. I wanted to type something in Vietnamese and it didn't look at all correct in that box. Well, I guess I "felt the Spirit move me" and tried it again on Friday night, November the 8th. The text still looked wrong in the menu box; however, when I previewed the slide, it was perfect.

In short: if you're using something that's "non-standard" (such as Chinese characters, Vietnamese letters, etc.), preview the slide.

Monty,

That's great. I had the same experience.

However, at the risk of throwing cold water on your exuberance, unless Igor has embedded the fonts in PTE, you will see them only on your own pc, or on those other pc's which have the same fonts loaded.

If you are only running the show for your own enjoyment, that's fine. However, it can be a nuisance if you plan to distribute it to others.

In order to make sure the viewer always sees the same font as in the original, if it is for an important title or music credits, etc., I now add the text in Photoshop to a copy of the slide which it will be combined with, and rasterize the text or merge down the layers and save as a separate "title" image for PTE. The end result is the same as if you had created the text in the object editor, and the font will always be the same as intended. :)

Ciao,

Al

Good point, alrobin. The slideshow I was making was only for a friend who also has the font and the program to run that font (yes, some fonts require extra programs due to the, shall we say, idiosyncracies of the orthography).

I should've mentioned that in my posting. Thanks.