WnSoft Forums

Another PTE Menu capability question

skipper

We have an annual Sweetheart dinner at our church and I am putting together a video from the shots I took. I wanted to create a menu slide at the start with buttons that would jump to the start of my 4 segements (Preparation, Dinner, Entertainment, Dessert). The step I wanted next was after each segment finished it would go back to the menu to select another segment or exit. I did not find a method to do that so I just copied my master menu slide to the start of each segment. Looks like it will work but was wondering if there was a simplier method?

I also know I could create a project for each seqment and then do a run from the menu but looking to keep the whole thing as one project.

Also this is a fun project since I experimented for the first time with adjusting the canvas size found in Adjust Video and Border on a single slide. Is so great to get a certain area of the video I want to focus on.

Hi Skipper,

If you created all with the same version of PTE, you could set each menu button to "Run Slideshow with Return" and after each show runs the control would come back to your menu... This is assuming each portion (preparation, dinner, etc.) was a separate slideshow. If the separate portions are only slide positions on a single show, then there is no way to automate the return.

You can also run your video inside a "mask" for even more control....

Best regards,

Lin