WnSoft Forums

Auto Bullet Pointed Lists

ADB

Hello there

Been a LONG time since I posted in the PTE forums.

When I first started using PTE many many years ago I was lead to its superb image quality after being disheartened with the very bad image quality of PowerPoint.Now I find myself doing more and more PTE presentations but for business purposes. Ironically I now find myself yearning for a couple of the features which Powerpoint employs.

If you are presenting to a group of people invariably you are going to want to show a bullet pointed list of points to discuss at some stage during the presentation, its also really effective to have each bulleted point appear when you click the (next slide button)

My suggestion for a future version of PTE is as follows:-

• In the Objects and Animation have a new type of object call it an Auto Bullet List Object

• When this is selected PTE will automatically create a bullet pointed list, a new bullet being added every time the ENTER key is pressed, pretty much like you can in a basic word document

• Then the real useful thing is for that slide you can tick an options box along the lines of "Advance each bullet point on mouse click" so when you come to that slide in your show if doing a manual show PTE will know to display each bullet point on each mouse click until they have all been displayed then carrying on with the next slide.

I know there are other ways of doing this in PTE but they are time consuming and this feels like such an integral function of any manual presentation, it also makes PTE, through what I imagine is a fairly minor change, a presentation software that can easily and intuitively meet the core needs of the corporate and creative user and what's more allow both styles within a single presentation.

What do you think?

Many thanks

Andrew Busst

Welcome back Andrew,

I have long felt that PTE could be a viable alternative to PP for teaching purposes and had my working life been just a little longer I'm sure that it would have been used wherever I could have shown it to be so.

Bullet Points will possibly upset the die-hards but I'm with you all the way.

DG

Hi Andy

Long time no see! I just clicked on your "PTE Members Gallery" link and happily it still works. Nice to see the old faces from the early pioneering days in the first Forum! Its got 2007 as the last update, but I guess most of these pictures will be from a lot earlier than that, and a couple sadly are no longer with us. Even Igor looks a lot younger11

Ian

Thanks Dave

I'm really surprised this functionality hasn't been within PTE from the early days, it really does open up Igors potential market

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Ian

Good to see you are still involved in PTE. I think the forum members pictures link working is more good luck than good management :-) but pleased to be able to provide some nostalgia!

Cheers

Andrew