WnSoft Forums

Greenhorn Needs HELP with Thumbnail Contact Sheet.

Vid

:)

Hi, I'm back; the greenhorn with questions.

Besides the nice slideshow, I'd like to offer my viewers a contact sheet of thumbnails. They could use this as reference index to the slideshow - as well as browse/zoom in on the numbered images while ordering photographs. Can I use p2e do make such an index? If so, how?

Thanks a whole bunch!

-Vid

Hi, Vid,

Don't you people ever sleep? :)

You can add a number of thumbnails as image objects, with the "object editor", to an introductory index page with "actions" set for each thumbnail so as to transfer the viewer to the slide number of the full image.

Hope this helps. B)

Ciao,

Al

Hi, Vid,

Check my small program "Pictures Index Viewer"

which will let you add a folder to the CD with your tumbs inside

and 2 text files (and the program) and in your presentation you

make a button link to the program. This way you don't have to

force the presentation with more stuff.

You can find it here:

http://beechbrook.com/pte/

JSlugman,

There is an old saying:

"If not Me for Me - who's for Me ?"

But seriously, I'm a little disapointed. Not only that I don't get money but I also get very little comments about my 5-6 utilities. It will be nice if I'll get feedback so I can know what to change.

So since I've finished the last version (5 and no more) of my "PresentationList", I start working now on a configurable dictionary.

To make it short - whatever language you speak, just make a simple TXT file with all the words in your language and people can learn your language.

Cool Ha ???

I am using p2exe for presentation of wedding images and I think it is a great idea to include thumbnails after the presentation. I did check out boxig's pictures index viewer, but if I understand it correctly you are limited to 64 images? My shows generally have 400-500 images. I have never used the object editor and am not sure what it is. Would this be a simple way to make contact sheets that could be included in the show? I wouldn't want to have to lay these out one at a time as that would take too long. Is there an example of this anywhere?

pushu,

You are right, 64 pictures is not enough. Guido also made his comment about this. So it's good to hear your feedback. So I made a new version which can show 144 pictures and I will upload on 1.1.2003. Next version will be 200 pictures. If your shows are so big, check my "PresentationList" where you can include the main show and "chapters" so user can choose to see all or only certain parts. That means you'll have to make those "chapters".

Happy New Year to all

I suggest you might try Imagewalker

Imagewalker

It will allow you to print contact sheets as well as make "webpages" in which the thumbnails are linked to larger images. A "webpage" (in HTML format) doesn't have to necessarily be on the web, it will live very nicely on a CD. This is how I'm now sending out my proof CDs to clients - I put a PTE main menu on the disc which autoloads. From that Main menu the viewer can chose to watch a slideshow or go to the html "webpage" where they can browse the thumbnails.

I'm beginning to lean toward Xatshow more and more however, as it allows me to make a "multi-function" CD - put it in a PC and it will show a slideshow and allow HTML pages, put that same CD in a stand-alone DVD player and it will allow for slideshows to be watched on TV. And the new Xatshow just coming out (ver. 5.0) allows for visual menus too!

I hate to keep touting "Brand X" on the PTE site, but c'mon Igor!... Your plans for PTE ver 3.9 are ok, but the longer you delay in making VCD capabilities a reality, the bigger lead the competition gains. If PTE ver. 4.0 doesn't have this capability I will be -very- dissapointed.

truelight

I like the idea you have about the contact sheets, and putting the p2exe show on the same cd. Could you expand on this a bit? I took a quick look at Imagewalker as you suggested, but not in enough detail to really understand the program, (I hate learning new software) I have been using p2exe for over a year and still don't understand how to use much of the program. I do wish you could burn the shows to dvd. I posted a topic a few days ago asking admin to make a guess when this feature might be available, but got no reply there.

Are you saying that both the show and the thumbnail pages liked to a larger image will reside on a cd that you give to your client, and they need not install any program to view this, and can easily choose which to watch?

pushu,

I echo Truelight's recommendation of ImageWalker. VERY easy to learn and the price is right. Currently I use this for making contact sheets but I'm always one to try others when I have a spare moment or two. I fear I have too many "useful" programs on the drive lately!

:)