WnSoft Forums

Audio names

I don't know if I have missed something along the way but I find it difficult sometimes to know which audio piece is playing when there is no name on the waveform. Is it possible to add the name (or at least number) of the pieces on the waveform. Also it would help to show clearly where one piece of audio ends and another begins.

yguy

I don't know if I have missed something along the way but I find it difficult sometimes to know which audio piece is playing when there is no name on the waveform. Is it possible to add the name (or at least number) of the pieces on the waveform. Also it would help to show clearly where one piece of audio ends and another begins.

yguy

=====================

Greetings,

I know what you mean. I have suggested several times to at least bring back the vertical line in the wave form that used to designate the beginning or end of each audio file. No luck. Maybe you will be able to convince Igor to do it.

Gary

YGuy, Tom, Garri,

Yes there is a way of 'Renaming' Music Files either in Alpha-numerics or Simple-Numerics.

I developed this method years ago for stacking 'Intro-Music Clips' for Slideshows and also

for (self-made) Voice-overs. I use the 'Alpha-numeric' naming regime,example as follows:-

(Trk = Music Track)...(Voc = Voice Over Content)...Note: Single Numerics not acceptable.

For Music

01-Trk ~ 02-Trk ~ 03-Trk ~ 23-Trk, etc,etc up to 99-Trk.

For Voiceovers

01-Voc ~ 02-Voc ~ 07-Voc ~ 19-Voc, etc,etc up to 99-Voc.

Attachment/Below is the way to do it...

Brian.(Conflow

post-1794-0-42414000-1333019261_thumb.gi Greetings,

I think the original posting has to do with wanting to see in the wave form where the end and where the beginning of the music files end and start. In the 'old' days, PTE had a thin vertical blue line to indicate this. Then, Igor removed it. The attached gif show a semblance of what it looked like. I put in a fatter line than the original but it gets the point across, I hope.

Gary

Thanks for your input,

So it isn't only me who has this problem of recognizing each audio clip when in the waveform. So I do hope that Igor makes a note and we will see the beginning of each new audio in the waveform and if possible its name. There is no problem with the voiceovers because the name is written where they are added at the top of each page.

thanks again,

YGuy