WnSoft Forums

Video Record Function on a DSLR

Guest Yachtsman1

So, you do not want to tell us, what an Apple-file is :(

Regards,

Xaver

I'm surprised at that type of comment from you Xaver...(Joking Ha,ha)

Its already above as...( ????Files)

Brian.

Re: "Machete-Lite"

Well 'Johnny Last' as usual to criticise again ~ You go and tell Eric that because he say's it does not work,

and as we are at it, Machete are talking about MOV and Apple-Quicktime Video/Audio ????? Files mostly

over 4.Gb (In other versions) ~ Had you read their previous 'Help-Files' that was for future development.

Its now nice to see that they have reached limited success where others have failed miserably.

So it does work now?

If I recollect correctly I introduced "Machete-Lite" to this Forum some time ago. I'm glad you agree it works

for you because its an excellent simple Program which does as 'claimed' and I do not introduce Software to

this Forum which does not work....

I'm not talking about Machete. I was talking about this: its like expecting Apple-Files to work in Windows ~ they wont !!

I asked what these Apple-Files are, because all of the files I've made on a Mac work fine in Windows and the other way too and not just movies.

Crossfade,

I must admit, that I do not like it either, dividing video files into groups like Apple or Windows. What shall poor Linux users do?

I also do not like silly questions like: Does this player run AVIs? The typical answer will be: Yes and NO.

A Player that runs a video file on a computer (Linux, Windows, or Apple) has to manage at least three tasks. It must be able to handle the video's container (or file) format (AVI, ASF (WMV), MP4, MKV, OGG, MOV, FLV, ...). But that's not all. Inside the container, there is a video part and an audio part. Both parts have their own compression formats (video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, AVC/H.264, VC-1 (WMV 3), WMV 2, Sorensen, ... ; audio: MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, Vorbis, MPEG-2, ...). It is quite obvious that the player must have the appropriate decoding properties for audio and video, as well. So, it may happen that a player runs one AVI, but not an other one.

Some players rely on decoders that are installed on the system, others like VLC and also PTE do not. Some formats (container, video, and audio) have been developed by Mircosoft, some by Apple, others by other organizations. Nevertheless it is possible to run most of all the videos on all kinds of systems :)

Best regards,

Xaver

I must admit, that I do not like it either, dividing video files into groups like Apple or Windows. What shall poor Linux users do?

I also do not like silly questions like: Does this player run AVIs? The typical answer will be: Yes and NO.

A Player that runs a video file on a computer (Linux, Windows, or Apple) has to manage at least three tasks. I must be able to handle the video's container (or file) format (AVI, ASF (WMV), MP4, MKV, OGG, MOV, FLV, ...). But that's not all. Inside the container, there is a video part and an audio part. Both parts have their own compression formats (video: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, AVC/H.264, VC-1 (WMV 3), WMV 2, Sorensen, ... ; audio: MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, Vorbis, MPEG-2, ...). It is quite obvious that the player must have the appropriate decoding properties for audio and video, as well. So, it may happen that a player runs one AVI, but not an other one.

Some players rely on decoders that are installed on the system, others like VLC and also PTE do not. Some formats (container, video, and audio) have been developed by Mircosoft, some by Apple, others by other organizations. Nevertheless it is possible to run most of all the videos on all kinds of systems :)

That's it exactly.

There are different file formats which can be used on any computer with apps that understand those formats. Some apps might come with the computer and others might need to be downloaded, like VLC.

There aren't 'Apple files' or 'Windows files'.