WnSoft Forums

...text handling...

mellow

...ever try and place a paragraph as a text object on a slide...? ...it's impossible to navigate and hit the enter key at the same time to force the carriage return...this is a great program that needs better text handling before going off to do Flash or even AVI files...it's great for a few words but for more than 30 words, it's frustrating ...I realize not everyone would require so many words on a slide but PTE already has a text function...I say move it up a notch to allow paragraph handling with ease...this would help tremendously in producing our training material ...much thanks for a great program and a great forum...

mellow,

I find the Text Editbox a bit restrictive while working with a large amount of words due to its small window size.

However, have you tried loading the Text from a external file for your large text content ?

I find this approach much easier and quicker because I prepare in advance the Text in Notepad or other Office tools. Then just press the button Load Text File . Preparing the Text in advance is no different than preparing your Images in advance ... its just plan and preparation needed.

...Bart..thanks for the tip...still very cumbersome...

....nobeefstu...works OK but it's hard to judge the length of lines before you place them on the slide...could still end up with a lot of unecessary tweaking...all that's really needed is a "bounding box" for the text objects instead of spreading the lines past the edges of the monitor...

...anyway, thanks for the feedback...and best of the new year to you both...