WnSoft Forums

Gloucester Docks

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

We got back last Thursday from an eight day stay in Ross on Wye. While there we went to various locations to take photographs for our shows. Gloucester Docks is yet another re-generation of a Victorian docklands, Gloucester is quite a distance from the sea, so is somewhat different. I have compiled a number of shows since we returned from over 3 GB of stills & video, this one is the smallest & the only one I will be uploading for public use, reason being it's the smallest.

Mechanics. Mediafire upload, 96MB, 7 video clips edited in PTE, 53 slides edited with CNX2 & Elements 10. 2 sound tracks edited in Audacity 6 minute run time. Cameras, Panasonic FZ150 & Nikon D40. No special effects, just bog standard AV.

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

Yachtsman1

Eric

got a threat alarm by avg - closed page and went back and got your show

you have got the knack of video integration down pat -- very slight camera movement - liveable tho'

full screen 1910 /1080 great color

am sending you the letter i sent to Mediafire in mail

looks like you Put Margaret to work to get the ladies touch

even tho the ships use anti fouling paint it must be a yearly challenge to clean the hull and engine cooling system

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

got a threat alarm by avg - closed page and went back and got your show

you have got the knack of video integration down pat -- very slight camera movement - liveable tho'

full screen 1910 /1080 great color

am sending you the letter i sent to Mediafire in mail

looks like you Put Margaret to work to get the ladies touch

even tho the ships use anti fouling paint it must be a yearly challenge to clean the hull and engine cooling system

ken

Hi Ken

Not sure what you mean about AVG, thought everyone had given up on it & gone to WSE? Got an email about a bounce???

Glad you liked the show.

Regards Eric, see attached pic. This helps with the vids.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-26917200-1345410750_thumb.jp

AVG

not all follow the pied piper

Igor not going to solve anything if nobody uses something

got a threat alarm by avg -- avg issued a threat alarm which i tried to send you in a zip but my mail to you with the attachments bounced several times so i gave up

got the old monopod out eh yu can use it as a cane as well)))))))))

ken

Eric, nice show. One of the few I have watched twice.

My hearing aid :rolleyes: does not disclose if there are

any fading in/out on the videosound. If not it would be an

improvement.

What folly is it in picture #6? Any close-ups?

/Lennart

post-1562-0-34722500-1345546177_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric, nice show. One of the few I have watched twice.

My hearing aid :rolleyes: does not disclose if there are

any fading in/out on the videosound. If not it would be an

improvement.

What folly is it in picture #6? Any close-ups?

/Lennart

Hi Lennart

Glad you liked the show, no there wasn't any fading on the video sound, I'm leaving PTE's sound manipulation until the bugs are sorted, causing quite a stir, haven't seen as much activity on here for years :P Stripping the sound in Audacity editing it & then re-synching it is for specials only, time wise. Re "folly" in picture #6, you'll have to explain more what you mean, something lost in translation I think :unsure:

Regards Eri

Yachtsman1.

PS.

Should have looked at your pic before answering, will come back later with an answer.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lennart

I know what a folly is I've committed enough over the years :P As to what the cone shaped object is I'm stumped. I've emailed the dockmaster to see if he could enlighten us & scoured the web site. I've blown up the original to see if there was a clue. There was a "You are here" board near it, I usually photograph them for reference but didn't. In the mean time see http://www.gloucesterdocks.me.uk/ and the attached pic.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-03422500-1345563077_thumb.jp