WnSoft Forums

PTE Download

snapcam

I am trying to load PTE onto my new laptop.

I have downloaded the programme from te Wnsoft site but it will not open on the computer despite it being on the HD.

It comes UP as incompatable application when I investigate loading problems.

I am running windows 7 and never had a problem loading PTE before.

Any IDEAS

SNAPCAM

Snapcam,

This is just a thought::...When you downloaded Pte.7.5 and then went about installing it ~ I wonder if it 'actually'

installed in your 32.Bit Program-Folder ?...or has it accidentally installed it into the 64.Bit Program-Folder ???

If the latter is the case then it will flag-up "Incompatible-Applications" and believe me it is a very common error .

Brian.(Conflow)

Hi Snapcam,

Brian may well be right there. If you have downloaded v7.0 from www.wnsoft.com, the program should have installed into a folder called "7.0" under a folder called "WnSoft PicturesToExe" in "C:\Program Files (x86)". If you have downloaded v7.5 beta from the forum it should have installed into a folder called "7.5" under the same parent folder structure.

If it isn't in the right place, I cannot explain why. I would have to assume that you changed the destination folder during the install process. All I have ever done with PTE on my Windows 7 system is download the installer package, double-click it run it and take all of the default settings during the installation process.

Peter

Hello Boys

The file location is Pictures to Exe(C:\Programme Files(X86)\WnSoft Pictures to Exe\7.0\main

This is the same location as on my desktop which has no problem. As Peter says its normally just download and run.

On the laptop the active circle runs for a few seconds then stops but does not open.

Snapcam

I am using Kaspersky Premium 2012 on both desk and laptop.

I have uninstalled and re downloaded several times

Ken I'm not quite sure what you mean. I am trying to lad the current version not the Beta.

Snapcam.

Peter , No I'm afraid this new laptop took all the spare pennies.But I have a sequence accepted so will be there in spirit.

Ken/Snapcam,

V7.5 betas each install into their own folder. v7.0 installs into a different folder. You can have all versions of PTE co-existing with each other as installed software. Note, however, only one installation can have the file associations set with .pte and .ptv files in Windows. So only one version will react to a double-click on a PTE project file or a VideoBuilder project file.

Peter

Ken,

That's not the case. I have v4.49, v6.5.7, v7.0.7 and three betas of v7.5.0. I can launch any of those by navigating through the Windows Start button > All programs... and then pick the relevant PTE software release (and if that is v7.5, I can go on and pick the relevant beta release). I can then open any project by doing File > Open (sure, I might get a warning about conflicting PTE versions)

I can have only one of those installed versions with its file associations set to the .pte and .ptv files. So if I double-click on, for example, abc.pte, the project will launch into v7.0.7 because that is the version that has the file associations set on it.

When installing the v7.5 betas I check very carefully that the file association boxes are not ticked during the installation. I want a double-click always to open the project in the latest fully functional release - not into a beta with incomplete function.

To open a project in v7.5 beta, I launch v7.5 beta and then do File > Open to select the project.

It isn't complicated! One release, in my case the latest official release, is the one I use to do "real work". The v7.5 betas are for debugging etc. The others are for regression testing if ever needed. If I get through v7.5 beta without having to do any regression testing, I will be uninstalling all previous releases after I install the definitive v7.5. But I will still have my collection of downloads that I could call upon to install an earlier version. That collection includes: 449, 552, 564, 600, 604, 650, 651, 652, 657, 700, 701, 702, 703, 706, 707 and all 750 betas to date.

Peter

Snapcam,

This is just a thought::...When you downloaded Pte.7.5 and then went about installing it ~ I wonder if it 'actually'

installed in your 32.Bit Program-Folder ?...or has it accidentally installed it into the 64.Bit Program-Folder ???

If the latter is the case then it will flag-up "Incompatible-Applications" and believe me it is a very common error .

Brian.(Conflow)

Brian, how would I check your suggestion, as I'm making little progress in any other direction.

Snapcam

Yes i agree Peter, but how many of our members know these things

i goofed the other day and checked those 2 boxes (

i have nearly every issue since 3.4 when Igor personally sent my key )))))

ken

Teacher's pet :D

Snapcam

...how would I check your suggestion, as I'm making little progress in any other direction.

Firstly, PTE v7.0 is only available as a 32-bit application. Its installer is correctly set up to install it into (on a Windows 7 system) C:\Program Files (x86)\WnSoft PicturesToExe\7.0

Do you have a folder structure that matches that path? It should have contents similar to this if you drill down into the 7.0 folder.

post-4886-0-49867000-1345926922_thumb.jp

regards,

Peter

P.S. After thought: you do have administrator privileges on your system don't you?

Teacher's pet :D

Snapcam

Snap

from my collection nov 2000 -- things were quite a bit smaller but the big dreams had already started -- what a ride we have had getting to 7.5)))

Dear KEN,

Thank you for registering PicturesToExe!

The newest version of the program is 3.20; it is available at our web page:

http://www.wnsoft.com

How to activate the key:

1) Close all running copies of PicturesToExe.

2) Save attached file to any folder and double-click on it in Windows Explorer.

3) Run PicturesToExe. The program is registered now!

This registration will work with all future versions of PicturesToExe

(otherwise, we'll provide you with the new one - free of charge, of

course). If you lose this file, please drop the letter to support@wnsoft.com

and we'll send it to you again.

You're welcome to submit any questions, suggestions and comments about

PicturesToExe! Please let us know what you would like to see in

the future versions.

If you want to be informed about new releases of our products please subscribe

to our mailing list: http://www.wnsoft.com/ml.htm

Hello Boys

Having exhausted all other avenues I returned to PC World with the new laptop.

KNOWHOW 1 Pressed all the keys and tried various fixs declared the problem was I needed Direct X 11 downloaded beyond that he would have to charge me.

He left me to wait on the download to complete.

KNOWHOW 2 The download complete he downloaded PTE again and again it would not open. Can you come back in 2 hours and I will do a factory reset ( this was after telling me it was my fault because I had downloded into an office file?????.

2 hours later another PTE download ,still no result.

KNOWHOW 2 He then told me Microsoft said that the PTE is incompatable with Windows7??? and that the problem was that my new laptop was a 64bit computer and the programme was 32bit. That he said was down to me and I should have told the sales what programme I was loading and gave me the computer declaring it OK.

Simple soul that I am I suggested he try loading PTE on another 64 bit computer.

I COLLECT MY REPLACEMENT COMPUTER TOMORROW.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Snapcam

How prophetic Peter,

I had to travel about 60miles to another store to collect the replacement.

The techy there questioned the reason for the change and proceded to again test the computer. He then done what I thought very sensable and loaded PTE onto the replacement only to find it would not run.

To his credit he spent the nx 1.5 hours chasing down the problem. He found PTE would run if the dedicated graphics card was disabled. He diagnosed a driver problem and down loaded various drivers which failed to solve the problem. He left the latest on the machine for me to download and install at home as it was taking hours to download on their broadband.

I am pleased to announce that following install PTE IS UP AND RUNNING.

For information the computer is an ASUS N55S. The graphics card is NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 635M -2GB

Having criticised the other Knowhows I must praise and thank the guy at PC World/Londonderry for his persistance to solve the problem.

Snapcam