WnSoft Forums

Bug? Audio Comments always run synchronized

xahu34

In v.7.5.1, non-interrupted audio comments that run across several slides seem to run synchronized with the slides, even if "Synchronize soundtrack and slides" is switched off. This is not good for shows with manual control. You may have a look at the discussion here.

Regards,

Xaver

Just to add some info : in version 7.07 the processing is different and seems to be ok . Bug in v 7.5.1 ???

Paul,

I've changed the name of this topic (it now includes the word "Bug"). Let's hope that Igor or Artem will notice it!

Best regards,

Xaver

In v.7.5.1, non-interrupted audio comments that run across several slides seem to run synchronized with the slides, even if "Synchronize soundtrack and slides" is switched off. This is not good for shows with manual control. You may have a look at the discussion here.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver,

I do not understand your point when you said "This is not good enough for shows with manual control"

As it is today in v751 if you start a comment on a slide and make a pause, the slideshow and the sound stop simultaneously and if you decide to run a step forward, both audio and slideshow will start simultaneously too,etc...sounds and slides remain perfectly synchronized at any time, which is exactly what I want with a manual control of my AV show.

As far as I know, in the previous "asynchronous mode" with the option "Synchronize soundtrack and slides" unticked then if you made a pause, the slideshow stopped but the audio went on and you lost the control of your slideshow that was very annoying and disturbing for a lot of av makers. Happily that is no longer the case.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Maybe that your German is as bad as my French. So, I can understand that you did not follow the given link to the discussion in the German section. :)

What does Paul want to have: He wants a show with manual control (transition times unpredictable) in which the music runs independently from the slides, and that with particular slides new songs start to run. In the old versions you could do this with sound comments (not interrupted).

In the new version I see the following problem: I have a slide with manual control and slide time (say) 2 minutes (long enough to make some life comments). This slide has some music as sound comment, and this music should go on playing with the next slide. I finish my life comments for this slide after 30 to 45 seconds. Then I decide to go to the next one (so this point of time is not predictable). When I do the manual change, the song does not go on playing continuously (as with former versions), it jumps to second 120. :angry:

Best regards,

Xaver

OK Xaver, I got your point but that sounds to be a specific use. As I said in my post if the music runs independently from the slides it becomes very difficult to know where you are (as you said, it is unpredictable).

I know, by experience in our club, there were a lot of mistakes which have been made using by error the "not synchronized mode" so we have to take care of that.

Maybe that your German is as bad as my French.

Unfortunately, you are right I could not understand your discussion. Here, in the south of France, I have several good friends who are germans but they learn to speak french, that eases me a lot! :)

Best regards

Daniel

Sound comments were always sycnhronized since v5.0.

From my post above: I have a slide with manual control and slide time (say) 2 minutes (long enough to make some life comments). This slide has some music as sound comment, and this music should go on playing with the next slide. I finish my life comments for this slide after 30 to 45 seconds. Then I decide to go to the next one (so this point of time is not predictable). When I do the manual change, the song does not go on playing continuously (as with former versions), it jumps to second 120.

In version 7.0 the music does not make this jump, provided that we have the options: No synchronization of music and slides, Sound comments not interrupted. In 7.5 the jump always takes place (it is independent from synchronization of music and slides)

Regards,

Xaver

... It seems that I miss some important detail to understand this problem.

Now I must admit, that I have problems, too. The funny thing is that Paul (Politer) and I seem to have made the same observation when comparing 7.0 and 7.5. It may be that both of us made the same mistake (mix-up). Perhaps we used sound comments in 7.5, but local background audio in 7.0. Sorry :rolleyes:

Regards,

Xaver

I have to add a remark to my previous post, first a correction to my post no. 5:

What does Paul want to have: He wants a show with manual control (transition times unpredictable) in which the music runs independently from the slides, and that with particular slides new songs start to run. In the old versions you could do this with sound comments (not interrupted). In the old versions you could do this with "Play new background music" in the Customize Slide Window.

If you do this (using "Play new background music" in the Customize Slide Window) in a project of v.7.0, and then open this project in v.7.5, you will find the feature "Play new background music" at least for those slides which already had this kind of local background music. But if you start a new project in v.7.5 you will not find this feature any more (at least I did not find it).

Regards,

Xaver

• 2 weeks later...