WnSoft Forums

Capturing Bermuda

cottage

Just a fun holiday in beautiful Bermuda - September of 2012. Show includes +/- 81 still images and 5 very short videos clips. Hense the large file size.

Particulars...

1920 x 1200

6.33 Minutes

103 MB

Canon EOS 1D Mark III

Canon 24-105mm F4 L IS

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

You've "definitely" CAPTURED Bermuda in all its beauty and colorful essence. The music lends an air of excitement and the photography is superb! It makes me want to save my spare change and book a flight to escape the Colorado snow and bask in the warmth of the sun drenched beaches.

It appears you had a great holiday and by golly have the pictures to prove it!!

Thanks for the vicarious trip to the tropics!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Bill,

I enjoyed your Bermuda show greatly and particularly liked your photos of the sea/shore/rocks some of which were excellent. I also liked the bevelling on the portrait shots but am not so sure on the black background. Certainly it brought light into a grey day in the UK. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Bill,

You've "definitely" CAPTURED Bermuda in all its beauty and colorful essence . . .

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin for your kind comments. It was indeed a good holiday. Bermuda is friendly, beautiful but expensive. Keep saving that spare change. :-) Having previously lived for many years where the snow often visited, we don't miss it at all, and a trip to Bermuda is not to be missed if the opportunity is available.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I enjoyed your Bermuda show greatly and particularly liked your photos of the sea/shore/rocks some of which were excellent. I also liked the bevelling on the portrait shots but am not so sure on the black background. Certainly it brought light into a grey day in the UK. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mick. Glad you enjoyed the show. I know what you mean about the black backgrounds. I just don't have a knack for that yet. Lin and others are masters at such things. BTW... we love the UK as well and have visited often. Always a photo moment at each turn !

Bill

Hi Bill

A warm, colorfull and pleasant postcard of Bermuda.

The music of the first part is as explosive as colors and nature.

The little video sequences give a pleasant touch of life to your slideshow. Did you use a dedicated video camera ?

Some shots are especially very good and I particularily loved the ones about sea and rocks with a dramatic atmosphere.

Thank you very much for sharing

Patrick

Hi Bill

The little video sequences give a pleasant touch of life to your slideshow. Did you use a dedicated video camera ?. . .

Patrick

Patrick,

Thanks so much for viewing and commenting on Capturing Bermuda. I appreciate your words ! All videos were shot with a GoPro Hero camera. A nice little tool to have on hand. The video quality wasn't as good as the originals due to my file format conversions. I have much to learn with regard to video and PTE.

Bill

• 3 months later...

Just got done watching your show. Great color, shapes, images. Finally enough resolution to do the subject justice. And just about the right amount of effects for me...not too much. It is wise since the content doesn't need the

effects at all. My only comment other than fantastic would be...and this is my personal thing, i'm sure many would disagree...is the two shots together...I guess they would be in protrait mode. Personally, and I mean that, I would just love seeing them individually as I have trouble with two images at once...the same as picture in picture. I don't care for that either. But I'm sure I'm in the minority on that point. I think you used it 3 times...so

really, I'm being a bore here. And if that is all I can say, well then, job well done. I will search out your other shows promptly. If I had money and liked flying and didn't have skin cancer...and just was a whole different person, I'd get on a plane and head to that wonderful looking local. My wife is a beach person and would thank you. I'll show her your show tonight, and have a margarita in your honor.

Best wishes to you and Karen.

Jeff

Thanks for the kind comments Jeff. Hard to know exactly what to do with portrait shots when you want to include them in a show.

Enjoy that margarita. We enjoyed a few of those ourselves while in Bermuda. :-)

Bill

Hi Bill

When I tried to run your slideshow, I got the following error message (sorry no screenshot as print screen is disabled)

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 with Cancel Try Again Ignore buttons.

Clicking on any of the buttons then caused the show to run OK. Any suggestions as to what may be the cause of this? I enjoyed the show a lot when I watched it. I am quite envious of your holiday

Regards

Geoff

Geoff,

Glad you enjoyed my Bermuda show. It truly is a beautiful place ! Not sure what happened on your end when you tried to run it. I receive no such message. As a side note, I do have the PTE option of "Don't allow copy picture by "PrintScreen key" enabled. But that should only function once the show is running and someone hits the PrintScreen button. Interesting !! And if they did and attempted to paste the image elsewhere a message pops up that says "Author of this slide show does not premit copying of any graphical information!". Not the message you received. Sorry for your troubles.

Regards,

Bill

Bill,

Whilst I don't get Geoff's error message, I seem to be getting something that no one else has mentioned.

The show did not close on its own - and because the keyboard is disabled (?) Esc would not close it either, so I had to resort to Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Oh, I enjoyed it otherwise smile.gif/>.

DG

Thanks Dave. Sorry for your troubles but happy that you enjoyed the show. But you guys are killling me. :)/> I can't reproduce either of these issues. The show closes perfectly for me once the screen fades to black and the music concludes. Strange !!

Bill

Hi Bill,

That's the way it often is.

But with more than one person reporting the Ctrl+Alt+Del issue it would appear that Igor really needs to look at it.

I will repeat the show this morning on my Vista Laptop and also give it a try on my W7 PC - I'll report back.

DG

Hi Bill,

Repeated the show on my Laptop with the same result - had to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to close it.

This time I tried to alter the Volume level during the freeze to make sure that the music had actually finished. The Volume indicator also froze on screen!!

DG

Dave, Well at least the show ran correctly for you on one machine. I am also using W7 and don't have another machine to test shows on. Appreciate your kind comments on my images.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Had no issues running the show, ran smoothly for me on my W7 desktop.

What a stunning show with excellent photography. As has been mentioned, your shots on the beach with the dark clouds were excellent. I also enjoyed the video inserts inbetween your beautiful, colourful pictures.

Definately a keeper for me and thank you for sharing a beautiful paradise with us.

Regards,

Colin