WnSoft Forums

Sony RX100 - Professional compact camera

Igor

I just ordered my new compact camera - Sony RX100.

This camera should be very helpful for travels to create high quality AV shows with still images and videos in PicturesToExe Deluxe.

Large 1" sensor, and only 240 g. People on forums say that quality of shots is near to entry-level dSLR cameras. It can record 1920 x 1080 video at 60p. TIME Magazine has included Sony RX100 to their list of the "50 best inventions" of 2012.

I collected 13 the most impressive shots from different websites that show impressive potential of this camera for portraits and landscapes:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27544810/Sony%20RX100%20Samples.zip (40 MB)

Video:

http://vimeo.com/54511110

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFD6xHMS8gY

The quality of pictures and videos is incredible for such small camera. Very impressive depth of scene.

The only problem with this camera - Sony sells models with 60p video only to USA, Canada and 50p for Europe. So I had to buy it in USA through eBay.

We'll add support of slow-motion video (60p to 30p) to PicturesToExe in the next version.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Igor

Telling it like I saw it on the YouTube clip, on the pans the still objects such as the log had movement on them, whether it was because I was streaming direct from YT I don't know?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Just downloaded the clip, but the download was rubbish so I've run it through live a second time but the still objects are showing movement in the pans???

Regards eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Igor,

Welcome back from your holiday!

I think you will be very happy with the RX100. It has perhaps the best overall video of all small cameras. The overall image stabilization is exceptionally good on this camera - much better than the lens stabilization available to dSLR's on external lenses by Canon and Nikon from results of testing by major reviewers. Looking forward to your first videos when you receive it!

Best regards,

Lin

I've got my Sony RX100 today.

Quickly tested 60p video. I added 1920x1080 60p video to PicturesToExe and converted it using PTE's optimizer to AVI format.

It looks REALLY NICE! Ideally smooth 60 frames per second playback at FullHD quality in real time.

Quality of picture and video is amazing.