WnSoft Forums

Multiple tracks in O&A editor

What about an option to switch between the current single selected object track and all object tracks? This will simplify the editing of complex nested animations because all key point will be visible.

Being able also to select a range of key points (by box selection) and move them on the time line would be my heaven :)

Greetings! Umberto

What about an option to switch between the current single selected object track and all object tracks? This will simplify the editing of complex nested animations because all key point will be visible.

Being able also to select a range of key points (by box selection) and move them on the time line would be my heaven smile.gif

Greetings! Umberto

Sounds complicated but why not?

Re Key Points :

DG

Something like the screenshot... a vertical scrollbar should appear when too much items are listed (and maybe an horizontal one when zooming into time?) and the selected object should reflect in a highlighted track (not visible in the screenshot, sorry).

A multiple selection between multiple tracks would allow to select a group of key points and move them as a group on the time line (horizontally). The properties windows should display only common data.

Greetings! Umberto

Edit: and what about displaying only the timelines of objects that are selected into the structure tree? this would allow the user to choose only interesting tracks without visual clutter.

post-6394-0-38679100-1358271499_thumb.jp

I support this concept too!

....+ I would appreciate if it was possible to see the audio waveforms associated with the keypoints in order to be able to adjust the synchronization with precision. As it is today it is quite impossible to fine tune the synchronization between animation and audio although the audio informations are given with 1/1000s!

Considering audio files associated to a slide as specific objects in the O&A window, by selecting one audio object, the waveform could be displayed (in place of the solid line) with keypoints for amplitude adjustments.

Daniel

I support this concept too!

....+ I would appreciate if it was possible to see the audio waveforms associated with the keypoints in order to be able to adjust the synchronization with precision. As it is today it is quite impossible to fine tune the synchronization between animation and audio although the audio informations are given with 1/1000s!

Considering audio files associated to a slide as specific objects in the O&A window, by selecting one audio object, the waveform could be displayed (in place of the solid line) with keypoints for amplitude adjustments.

Daniel

I agree, seeing the waveform in the O&A editor would be useful. Then only thing that makes me thinking is that usually slides are "floating" over the music track and shifting a slide can break keys alignments, so waveform display should be used with wisdom. Moreover, just to avoid visual clutter, only a merged waveform should be visible (i suppose that users don't need to fine tune the waveforms from inside the O&A editor).

Greetings! Umberto

If I remember it correctly, this is not a new suggestion. Nevertheless it is a very good one. I think that user Jean-Claude made a similar suggestion, a couple of years ago.

Regards,

Xaver

Yes Xaver, more than 4 years, already designed and proposed in November 2008 Here

post-1832-0-39612000-1358866587_thumb.jp

This program is only a dynamic model, not an utility program

Instead the program OAK (Objects-animation-keyframes) is operational.

Unfortunately, documentation in English comes from Google. All commands are in English.

During his trip to France in April 2012 IGOR had the opportunity to see a demonstration. It seems He was impressed.

OAK operating principle is simple:

Make in PTE a copy of the object structure, launch OAK and past clipboard content to OAK.

You can then make any adjustments possible between all tracks objects.

It is not possible to add keypoints.

Then copy the modified structure to the clipboard, and past it when returning to PTE.

The setup program (free) is here

post-1832-0-23517200-1358871914_thumb.jp post-1832-0-89232400-1358872038_thumb.jp

I do not think it would take months of development to achieve the same thing. This does not affect the foundations of PTE only man-machine interface.

Yes Xaver, more than 4 years, already designed and proposed in November 2008 Here

post-1832-0-39612000-1358866587_thumb.jp

This program is only a dynamic model, not an utility program

Jean Claude, your layout design is much better than my proposal. I definitely missed it at the time.

The only thing i feel to add is that it could be nice not to see always all tracks, but only tracks of selected objects in tree structure (hence, objects can be multi selectable even if they don't belong to the same sub tree). This will mantain backward GUI compatibility and ease of use for "one track minded" users.

Greetings! Umberto

Thank you Umberto for your appreciation.

When I published this post (November 2008) you were not very old in this forum, only one month. This is probably the reason you missed it.

How to modulate objects tracks visibility ?

In PROJECTAO, I have implemented only 2 features: a horizontal splitter to modify tracks space, and two buttons to view or not all the objects tracks. Main track is always displayed.

post-1832-0-57988000-1358936321_thumb.jp

in OAK, I have added a vertical scrollbar. In conjunction with the splitter you can see only the wanted tracks.

For each object I have also added a popup menu with the command HIDE.

I have not implemented a popup menu on objects tree, but I think it would be nice to have there a HIDE/VIEW command.

post-1832-0-37555800-1358936333_thumb.jp

in OAK, I have added a vertical scrollbar. In conjunction with the splitter you can see only the wanted tracks.

For each object I have also added a popup menu with the command HIDE.

I think that being forced to hide/show each single track every time i want to change the "track set" will slow down a lot the workflow. I still prefer a dynamic visualization based on tree structure selection. And, why not, a "show all" option.

Another option: a checkbox next each tree structure object that will allow to choose what tracks i want to always keep in the tracks panel. So i always see them and, moreover, the tracks of selected objects.

Greetings! Umberto