WnSoft Forums

Border Enable- shrinks the image

goddi

Greetings,

When I click on Enable Border, the image with the border shrinks within the O&A window. I had not noticed this happening in previous versions. I am using 7.5.4. As I increase the Border's width, the image's shrinkage increases.

I have attached two screen shots.

Gary

post-1794-0-49761200-1360100619_thumb.jp

post-1794-0-73859400-1360100621_thumb.jp

It's normal Gary.

If you want to behave the same as the "stroke" command in PS then you need to use CANVAS in conjunction with Border.

Set canvas (all 4) equal to Border.

DG

======================

Dave,

I see, said the blind man! I don't know why I never heard of putting in the same values in CANVAS to make it work. Thanks. smile.gif/>

Now...is there any way to make the 'Border' appear as a border of the O&A window, not as it is attached as a 'stroke' to the actual image? I do my cropping in the O&A window so that the top and bottom portions of the image extend beyond the top and the bottom of the O&A window. I'd like the Enable Border/Canvas result to be applied to the O&A window, not the image. I don't think this this can be done but maybe you have a trick up your sleve? Do you think this is a good option that Igor can put in the menu? I think this might have been discussed before but I don't remember the outcome.

Gary

post-1794-0-39666300-1360104962_thumb.jp

Gary

There are a number of advantages to the stroke PNG line that Dave mentioned. Firstly, if it's applied as the top object in the Object and Animation Screen, then it will provide your edge effect irrespective of how much animation is going on beneath it.

Secondly, if you get the line too thick or too white, you only have to remake one Png and overwrite the original and PTE will pick it up on all images.

Its the best way I have found, but the only disadvantage is that you have to apply it to every image, but there is a quick way. Add the Png to image one, then hit Ctrl+C and copy it from the objects box, skip to the next image and Ctrl+V will paste it, then skip to the next and so on.

Gary

There are a number of advantages to the stroke PNG line that Dave mentioned. Firstly, if it's applied as the top object in the Object and Animation Screen, then it will provide your edge effect irrespective of how much animation is going on beneath it.

Secondly, if you get the line too thick or too white, you only have to remake one Png and overwrite the original and PTE will pick it up on all images.

Its the best way I have found, but the only disadvantage is that you have to apply it to every image, but there is a quick way. Add the Png to image one, then hit Ctrl+C and copy it from the objects box, skip to the next image and Ctrl+V will paste it, then skip to the next and so on.

=================================

Dave and Barry,

Yes, it worked. I had to figure out how to make the PNG, since it has been a while since I have made one. I like that it can be adjusted once added. You can make a 'thicker' frame and adjust what shows within the O&A frame. But if you have an image with a smaller aspect ratio, a new PNG frame has to be made to fit it. But I see what you are getting at.

But wouldn't it be nice if PTE had them already available in the menu next to the 'Add Image' button?

Thanks... Gary

Gary Maybe it would be nice in PTE

But I feel for Igor at times. Some users want PTE to also be an image editor, some want a menu maker, others want a sophisticated animation tool. I don't know about you, but I would rather it concentrate on what it's designed for. We need the sound editing finished first :lol:/>

Gary Maybe it would be nice in PTE

But I feel for Igor at times. Some users want PTE to also be an image editor, some want a menu maker, others want a sophisticated animation tool. I don't know about you, but I would rather it concentrate on what it's designed for. We need the sound editing finished first laugh.gif/>

===================================

Barry,

I don't disagree with you at all. As a long time user, once in a while I come up with an idea that seems to be simple and wonder why it is not already in the menus. Many times, I have seen the white borders around images in a show and it looks great. But it is not in the menus and it needs to be done in a round-about way. I do sympathize with what Igor is going through. I don't know how he can be listening to so many inputs and updating and creating such a very cool and useful product, and keep his sanity. I just threw out the idea and, when he has the inspiration to take a look at it, maybe he might include it. But if I didn't ask the original question about the borders, I would not have discovered your helpful hints. Though it seems like a simple, yet useful, thing to add, I defer to Igor's priority list. No problems here. :D/>

Gary

=================================

Dave and Barry,

Yes, it worked. I had to figure out how to make the PNG, since it has been a while since I have made one. I like that it can be adjusted once added. You can make a 'thicker' frame and adjust what shows within the O&A frame. But if you have an image with a smaller aspect ratio, a new PNG frame has to be made to fit it. But I see what you are getting at.

But wouldn't it be nice if PTE had them already available in the menu next to the 'Add Image' button?

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

I don't think that you would work that way?

The PNG file would be your "FRAME" for your Project Window - 1920x1080 etc and would not vary.

For everything else you would use Border/Canvas. You could copy an image from one slide to another with a Border Canvas setting of 3 pixels.

You change the Image in Properties and, regardless of any differences in Image size or AR, the same 3 pixels border/canvas would apply.

Did you try the Copyright method?

DG

Gary,

I don't think that you would work that way?

The PNG file would be your "FRAME" for your Project Window - 1920x1080 etc and would not vary.

For everything else you would use Border/Canvas. You could copy an image from one slide to another with a Border Canvas setting of 3 pixels.

You change the Image in Properties and, regardless of any differences in Image size or AR, the same 3 pixels border/canvas would apply.

Did you try the Copyright method?

DG

=======================

Greetings Dave,

You've got to be careful, you guys are starting to make me to become too good with PTE!!! biggrin.gif/>

I went back and created a better contructed PNG frame than I had done before. I see better how well it works and how well this frame can be adjusted for images that are of different sizes. And I can make a set of 'frames' of different pixel 'stroke' sizes for future use. Super!

Added Later: Thanks to Dave, I now see that if I change the size of the transparent PNG frame to fit a smaller sized image in the O&A window, the frame will become thinner. I did not notice that before. But it is easy to create a proper sized transparent PNG frame for images of different sizes.

Yes, I also tried the Copyright method. That will work if all the images are the same size. I usually use a mix of landscape and portrait images, so this would not work in that circumstance. I don't see a way to customize a specfic slide to not use the Copyright on that image.

But, thanks, again, for clarifying this process.

Gary