WnSoft Forums

The Abyss Trailer

uuderzo

Finally, i found the time to upload to Vimeo the trailer of my last PTE project "The Abyss of Malga Fossetta".

Because of the length and copyright issues with the music, i realized a short excerpt (less than two minutes) with a compatible music.

This short presentation embeds various different techniques to make still photos "pop up" in 3D. Some techniques were recently discussed also in the PTE forum.

Hope you will enjoy it! Comments are welcomed!

The Abyss Trailer

Greetings! Umberto

Guest Yachtsman1

Sorry Umberto, it didn't do it for me. I stress this is just my interpretation of your short trailer, too much panning, the 3D effects look (on my monitor) akin to decoupage not genuine 3D, as in cinema releases viewed through 3D glasses. IMO this is just another effect, difficult to acheive that won't be used by most. I could see where you were coming from with the style of the trailer, having recently seen the new Les Mis movie, the accompanying trailers left one breathless with their impact, but were not easy on my 72 year old eyes. Sorry to rain on your parade, but you did ask.

Yachtsman1

As a trailer I thought the pans, zooms and exceptionally good 3-D effects worked really well. True, if overdone in the main show it could become wearysome and it is a shame that we cannot see it. I shall be looking at this again to ssek inspiration on how it is done.

Sorry Umberto, it didn't do it for me. I stress this is just my interpretation of your short trailer, too much panning, the 3D effects look (on my monitor) akin to decoupage not genuine 3D, as in cinema releases viewed through 3D glasses. IMO this is just another effect, difficult to acheive that won't be used by most. I could see where you were coming from with the style of the trailer, having recently seen the new Les Mis movie, the accompanying trailers left one breathless with their impact, but were not easy on my 72 year old eyes. Sorry to rain on your parade, but you did ask.

Yachtsman1

I appreciate your comment! I must admit that in the original show the 3D effect is less visible because it is designed to be played on a 4:3 projector. But when working on the trailer i changed it to 16:9 because this seems to be a de facto standard on many sites. This modification required some pictures adjustments that as a side effect caused an exageration on 3D.

I agree that watching an entire video (20 minutes) with those exagerated effects may be irritating to someone's eyes.

Your comment helps me calibrating the real show, it started with far less 3D effects and i done 6 revisions until now adding more ande more effects. But now i think i must consider the overall effect and, maybe, rolling back someting.

Thank you again Yachtsman!

As a trailer I thought the pans, zooms and exceptionally good 3-D effects worked really well. True, if overdone in the main show it could become wearysome and it is a shame that we cannot see it. I shall be looking at this again to ssek inspiration on how it is done.

Hello Mickp,

I got your point, as said to Yachtsman, i must calibrate the entire show to avoid tiring the audience.

I hope being able to post the entire show on internet, but first i must entirely rework the music track that is bringing to me a lot of distribution limitations.

Thank you! Umberto

Hello Umberto

"I hope being able to post the entire show on internet, but first i must entirely rework the music track that is bringing to me a lot of distribution limitations"

Ill look forward to seeing the whole show, I agree with Peter. Superb images and technique, well done for all your time and work in producing this.

regards

ralph