WnSoft Forums

Register Pic2Exec on Windows 8

skipper

I bought a new computer with Win 8 Professional on it and downloaded the latest Pic2Exec. Appeared to load out satisfactory. I have the reg.txt which I believe is the latest sent to me a few years back. Started the program (told it to run as an administrator) and get the message about being trial version and option to register so selected to load key from file. Pointed to the reg.txt and popup said it was successfully registered but when I click ok it flashes quick to the program and then back to the trial version popup. I have also tried registering from within the program and still same results. Keeps saying it is a trial version. I have posted for a new key file in case that is the issue. Also tried turning off McAfee virus protection while loading key.

Was hoping someone had an idea of what to try next!! Fortunately my old XP machine is still running since I am installing/moving data to the new machine.

Max

Max,

I would assume since you are a long-standing member of PTE since 2002 ... your first purchase of PTE key was prior to v5 Deluxe releases where only 1 key was needed for full features.

I have the reg.txt which I believe is the latest sent to me a few years back.

This is probably your upgrade key just for additional VideoBuilder features.

You would need to apply two(2) registration keys - the original key obtained at first purchase and the other would be the upgrade key.

OK, it is working now. I knew there was going to be two licenses but thought that when the switch to two licenses we had gotten a new one for standard life time because of a format change. I had backed up my original registration file to a floppy and of course the new machine does not have a floppy so had to send myself an attachment to the new machine. Run I activated it success. Then did my last license information for deluxe and it took. So all good!!

Must make a CD with that license on it since the floppy will not be good anymore. Love backups.

Got this new machine because the old machine was so slow. With a new one that has an Intel I7 processor, 24GB of memory, Win 8 Pro hopefully the previous frustration will switch to excitement about taking videos and make shows in Pic2Exec.

Thanks listening today.