WnSoft Forums

Adobe Flash- problem solved!-NOT really

goddi

Greetings,

Back in September, I had posted a problem that, after I had updated my Adobe Flash, I could not play YouTube videos. I figured out that if I uninstalled the Version 11 and went back to Version 10, the problem disappeared.

However, today I was playing with the Drivesharp program, given out by USAA to improve your driving skills, and this program would freeze up while playing the video game. To make a long story short, the tech people at Drivesharp solved this problem.

He told me to update my Adobe Flash. He was familiar with my previous problem with playing YouTube videos with the latest Adobe Flash update, because he had had the same problem. I updated my Adobe Flash as he instructed and, of course, it cause the same problem...YouTube videos did not play. Then he said to go to the www.youtube.com/html5 site and click on the 'Join the HTML5 Trial' link, I think is what it said. It is a link at the bottom of a lot of text information on that page.

After I did this, the YouTube videos now work with the updated Adobe Flash. He said this will work with Firefox and Chrome, but not to do it with IE. Anyway, this was news to me and hope that this information will help anyone else with the Adobe Flash problem. My Firefox version now it 19.0 and the Adobe Flash version is 11.6.602.171.

Gary

Greetings,

Back in September, I had posted a problem that, after I had updated my Adobe Flash, I could not play YouTube videos. I figured out that if I uninstalled the Version 11 and went back to Version 10, the problem disappeared.

However, today I was playing with the Drivesharp program, given out by USAA to improve your driving skills, and this program would freeze up while playing the video game. To make a long story short, the tech people at Drivesharp solved this problem.

He told me to update my Adobe Flash. He was familiar with my previous problem with playing YouTube videos with the latest Adobe Flash update, because he had had the same problem. I updated my Adobe Flash as he instructed and, of course, it cause the same problem...YouTube videos did not play. Then he said to go to the www.youtube.com/html5 site and click on the 'Join the HTML5 Trial' link, I think is what it said. It is a link at the bottom of a lot of text information on that page.

After I did this, the YouTube videos now work with the updated Adobe Flash. He said this will work with Firefox and Chrome, but not to do it with IE. Anyway, this was news to me and hope that this information will help anyone else with the Adobe Flash problem. My Firefox version now it 19.0 and the Adobe Flash version is 11.6.602.171.

Gary

Youre using html5, not flash. You can remove flash entirely and it will still work. The reason it doesnt work with IE is because it has problems with html5.

But you definitely want to update flash to the latest flash or you are at risk. http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb13-04.html

Youre using html5, not flash. You can remove flash entirely and it will still work. The reason it doesnt work with IE is because it has problems with html5.

But you definitely want to update flash to the latest flash or you are at risk. http://www.adobe.com.../apsb13-04.html

==================================

Greetings,

Yes, I understand that I am using HTML5, and not Adobe Flash.

But I just discovered another problem. After updating my Adobe Flash, when I try to watch the news videos on my Verizon homepage, the Flash crashes. There is something that Firefox and the lastest Adobe Flash will not work together. So I reinstalled the 10.3 version of Adobe Flash and every thing works now in Firefox. I will just have to live with whatever will not play on the older version of Flash.

This really is a bag of worms that I am sure Firefox knows about but just can't fix. I will just have to live with the security issues that come with using the older version of Flash.

Gary

see

http://www.javatester.org/version.html

study the instructions

and it is going to ask a question - to run the test you have to answer test

back a month or so there was an issue - this test supposedly fixed it on my xp and 2 win 7 systems -- i had to download the updates to make my installs current

ken

see

http://www.javatester.org/version.html

study the instructions

and it is going to ask a question - to run the test you have to answer test

back a month or so there was an issue - this test supposedly fixed it on my xp and 2 win 7 systems -- i had to download the updates to make my installs current

ken

=================================

Ken,

I don't think the Adobe Flash issue has anything to do with Java, at least as far a I can tell. I did go to your site and I do have the latest version of Java running. I think it is just an issue between Firefox and Adobe Flash. I have searched the Internet and I am not the only one but there does not seem to be a fix, yet.

Thanks...

Gary

Gary

maybe something here -- old but eventually problem was fixed

Adobe Flash

http://www.picturest...__fromsearch__1

ken

============================

Ken,

Thanks but my Windows is 32 bit. Now that I removed the 'HTML5 Trial' in Firefox, it seems to have stayed stuck in IE so now, the videos don't play in IE. What a pain!!!!! I've got my Firefox 19.0 + Adobe Flash 10.3 working fine.

Can't figure out why I can't get my IE back to 'normal'.

Gary

Gary & Ken,

I'm a late arrival here ~ but for what its worth I uninstalled "Adobe-Flash" from my Laptop and 3 other PC's for the reason it nearly

drove me mad in January after downloading its latest 'updates' at that time ~ they were all defective !!

I also found out that I dont really need it all because most "Multi-Media Players" will quite happily play Flash-Video (flv-files) and

I have proved this with:- VLC-Player ~ Media-Player Home Cinema ~ Al-Show Player ~ and 2 more.

However 'Windows-Media Player' and some others wont play Flash-files.

I use the "Pale-Moon Browser" which is an independent "FireFox" derivitive specially designed to utilise the best features of

IE-6, IE-7, IE-8 and IE-9 without their limitations but made to work much faster with the modified FireFox-Engine.

Link and Screenshot below for those who want to try my Set-up...

Brian (Conflow)

Link

http://www.palemoon.org/

post-1416-0-81549400-1361927020_thumb.gi post-1416-0-63712500-1361927710_thumb.gi

Gary & Ken,

I'm a late arrival here ~ but for what its worth I uninstalled "Adobe-Flash" from my Laptop and 3 other PC's for the reason it nearly

drove me mad in January after downloading its latest 'updates' at that time ~ they were all defective !!

I also found out that I dont really need it all because most "Multi-Media Players" will quite happily play Flash-Video (flv-files) and

I have proved this with:- VLC-Player ~ Media-Player Home Cinema ~ Al-Show Player ~ and 2 more.

However 'Windows-Media Player' and some others wont play Flash-files.

I use the "Pale-Moon Browser" which is an independent "FireFox" derivitive specially designed to utilise the best features of

IE-6, IE-7, IE-8 and IE-9 without their limitations but made to work much faster with the modified FireFox-Engine.

Link and Screenshot below for those who want to try my Set-up...

Brian (Conflow)

========================

Greetings Brian,

If I understand your posting, you are using Multi-Media Players to play flv files outsideof the browser. However, I need to be able to play videos within browsers. You need it to play YouTube videos. You also need it to create JibJab videos on line. Also to see online news video feeds. I have not looked into Pale-Moon yet but I don't think I want to get into a different browser than Firefox. I've got too much invested in its setup.

But I found that the HTML5 was still in Firefox even though I thought I had taken out by disabling the trial in the YouTube.com/HTML5 site. I found a way to get it out, finally, to get back to using the older Adobe Flash 10.3. However, I still have the HTML5 stuck in IE and I can't seem to get it out. Online videos will not play on it. I will be poking around to do that next. It is a shame that Adobe Flash is causing so much trouble.

So at this point, I recommend not to try the YouTube's HTML5 unless you want to play around with a bit of trouble.

Gary

Gary & Ken,

Brian (Conflow)

-================================

Brian,

Do you have any idea how to get the 'HTML5' out of IE so I can get Adobe Flash to work?

See the attached. This is the error message I get when I try to play an on-line video in IE. I have Adobe Flash installed but it won't play.

Gary

post-1794-0-07158300-1361934684_thumb.jp

GARY

did you check you email

and lots of hits here

https://www.google.c....hp.oFp0fokfVD4

ken

==================================

Ken,

I took a look at all of these but they are not addressing the actual problem I am trying to fix. Those sites are referring to creating pages in HTML5 code so that they will be readable in different browsers. Take a look at the attached screen shots. The problem started when I opted-in to the YouTube HTML5 trial at the www.youtube.com/html5 site, thinking that this will solve my problem not being able to view YouTube videos when I updated my Adobe Flash to the current version. Once I did update to the latest Adobe Flash version and when I opted-in to the HTML5 Trial, I could view YouTube videos, but then it prevented me from viewing other videos, such as new clips on other sides. So it fixed one problem, but created another.

So I opted-out in Firefox and got everything back to 'normal' using an older version of Adobe Flash. However, I can not get my IE back to 'normal'. Even though it shows I have opted-out in IE (see attached), I can not get it to stop using HTML5 to view videos. I want it to go back to using Adobe Flash.

I hope I have made this more understandable. It has been driving me a bit nutty.

To get my Firefox back to normal, I had to type 'about:config' in the seach window and change the 'media.webm.enable' to 'false'. I am not sure what to do to get IE back to normal.

Gary

post-1794-0-76130800-1361970200_thumb.jp

post-1794-0-65123500-1361970202_thumb.jp

Hi Gary

I suppose you tried "System Restore?"

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

=======================

Eric,

Yes, I have. But I want to try that as a last resort because I don't want to inadvertently mess anything else up....:blink:/> yet.

Gary

Hi Gary,

(Please use full-screenview)

Yes you are are stuck with an "Ogre" on this problem ~ I dont have any quick answers for you about getting rid of HTML5-Files in Internet Explorer

but let me explain why as follows:-

1)

Internet-Explorer (versions): IE.6 ~ IE.7 ~ IE.8 ~ IE.9 ~ These never supported HTML5 although Microsoft were "messing-about" with this for the

past few years even to the extent of dropping "snippets" of the HTML5-Code into users PC's through updates.... only god knows why ??.

Please Google "internet-Explorer and HTML5" if you have any doubt's about the above statement.

2)

The You-Tube "HTML5-Trial" was deliberately pitched at "Browser-Uses" of: Google-Chrome ~ Safari ~ Firefox ~ and it was quite specific about

those qualifications ~ but unfortunately many Internet-Explorer users opted to give it a "try-out" and were left with the problems you now have.

3)

During your "Trial-period" many HTML5-Tags and small HTML5-Databases were dropped into your current-version of "Internet-Explorer" but this

in itself was built upon the (original) Core-version of IE which came "pre-installed" on your PC which in turn has been upgraded time and time

again with various service-paks such as SP.1 and SP.2 and SP.3 for XP and other service-paks for Vista and Win7. Those HTML5 Tags etc; have

modified the Core-version of your 'pre-installed' Internet-Explorer which can not be Uninstalled.

4)

There have been many attempts by hundreds of others like yourself trying to get rid of those HTML5-Tags etc; but to of no avail unless you remove

all the Service-Paks and all versions of .Net-Framework 4,3,2 right back to .Net-framework.1 ~ only then can you uninstall your current IE-version

and get back down to the IE-Core-version ~ then some 'Registry-editing' is involved to make it clean again ~ Where after you have to re-install the

whole "shabang" all over again. The only other alternative is to contact a proficient Registry-Editor Technician or perhaps you might like to Google

"Uninstall HTML5 Tags & DB-bases" for yourself.

5)

The reason that...Google-Chrome ~ Safari and Firefox render HTML5 so effectively is because they are using a relatively unknown utility called...

"WebKit" which is an open-source development which Apple claim to be theirs...which is untrue !!...However this open-source utility acts as a very

efficient super-fast "renderer" particularily with HTML5 and with the Video-format: M2TS which You-Tube are developing in an effort to get rid of the

poor-quality Flash-system. The format "M2TS" is approximately a third the size of a Pte-Exe with very near the same quality.

Sorrry I cant help you with your problem but at least you now know whats going on.....This is a "Hornets-nest" amongst Microsoft and Adobe who are

now in a fragile partenership in trying to get HTML5 working in "Internet-Exlorer 10"...They claim it works, but since it came out in January, users tell a

different story....personally I feel that they may drop IE.10 and opt for some new version of...HTML5+WebKit....of course under a different Brand-name

such like Internet-Explorer.11.

Apology for the long post...

Best regards,

Brian (Conflow)

Hi Gary,

Yes you are are stuck with an "Ogre" on this problem ~ I dont have any quick answers for you about getting rid of HTML5-Files in Internet Explorer....

Best regards,

Brian (Conflow)

================================

Greetings Brian,

Thanks for the information. When I opted-in for the HTML5 trial, since I was in Firefox, I thought it would only take effect in Firefox. But I also noticed that it stated that IE 9 was listed under the Supported Browsers. I was able to clear the HTML5 out from Firefox but, as you said, it is a bag of worms when it comes to IE. The good news is that I rarely use IE but I don't like having these problems hanging around. I have done a lot of searching for a remedy but so far it has been fruitless. All this started because Firefox will not work with the latest version of Adobe Flash (at least on my Win7). A tech person pointed me to using the HTML5, but it did not work without some problems. So I finally got it out of Firefox and back to using Adobe Flash 10.3. But IE is another story....or nightmare.

Thanks for the info.

Gary

Gary,

Yes in the initial stages of the HTML5-Trial ~ "YouTube" genuinely believed Microsofts claims for compatibility with HTML5

so did thousands of other PC-users like yourself ~ until the provrbial XX hit the fan, then all hell broke loose and then the

problem was compounded with defective upgrades from Adode-Flash ~ I know because I got caught out also ~ so dont

blame your PC !!

Dont be tempted to try "Internet-Explorer 10"...Its only 875.kB and it's simply an attempt to increase the "rendering" speed

of HTML5 unfortunately its way behind Crome-Firefox-Safari and their use of "WebKit" which has really broken the mold in

a most spectacular way. Although I'm grateful to Microsoft for all their other utilities they really need to get their act together

with HTML5.

If I come across a solution for your problem I shall let you know immediately.

Brian.

Gary,

Yes in the initial stages of the HTML5-Trial ~ "YouTube" genuinely believed Microsofts claims for compatibility with HTML5

so did thousands of other PC-users like yourself ~ until the provrbial XX hit the fan, then all hell broke loose and then the

problem was compounded with defective upgrades from Adode-Flash ~ I know because I got caught out also so dont

blame your PC !!

Dont be tempted to try "Internet-Explorer 10"...Its only 875.kB and it's simply an attempt to increase the "rendering" speed

of HTML5 unfortunately its way behind Crome-Firefox-Safari and their use of "WebKit" which has really broken the mold in

a most spectacular way. Although I'm grateful to Microsoft for all their other utilities they really need to get their act together

with HTML5.

If I come across a solution for your problem I shall let you know immediately.

Brian.

========================

Thanks, Brian...

Gary

Hi Gary

I've just looked at the Flickr groups I belong to, the Nikon NX group had this thread, it may be unrelated, but you sound a little frustrated.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

http://www.flickr.co...57632879063900/

=============================

Eric,

I searched through the Flickr Group but didn't find anything that related to this HTML5 problem. Frustrated? Yep. It is very frustrating when you create a problem and then you can not get a fix for it. I tend to stick with Firefox and Thunderbird for my browser and my email client. Just trying to use IE gets my blood pressure up. But this HTML5 thing really is a problem that should not have happened and you'd think there would be a way of reversing it. I could in Firefox but not in IE. :(/>

Thanks,

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

=============================

Eric,

I searched through the Flickr Group but didn't find anything that related to this HTML5 problem. Frustrated? Yep. It is very frustrating when you create a problem and then you can not get a fix for it. I tend to stick with Firefox and Thunderbird for my browser and my email client. Just trying to use IE gets my blood pressure up. But this HTML5 thing really is a problem that should not have happened and you'd think there would be a way of reversing it. I could in Firefox but not in IE. :(/>/>/>

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary

The link takes me direct to a post from a chap complaining about the various browsers. If it doesn't take you there it could be because I'm an account holder??? So I've made you your own personal copy.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-29612300-1362064788_thumb.jp

Hi Gary

The link takes me direct to a post from a chap complaining about the various browsers. If it doesn't take you there it could be because I'm an account holder??? So I've made you your own personal copy.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

======================

Eric,

Thanks for the screenprint, but I did see that. That postings seems to be about a Win7 64bit update. I have Win7 32 bit. And I don't connect anything there with the HTML5 problem.

Though it seems hopeless, I am still checking around to see if there is any light at the end of this tunnel. Only after Googling around a lot, I did come across the way to get the HTML5 out of Firefox. Maybe persistent will work to find a way to get it out of IE. :D/>

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

======================

Eric,

Thanks for the screenprint, but I did see that. That postings seems to be about a Win7 64bit update. I have Win7 32 bit. And I don't connect anything there with the HTML5 problem.

Though it seems hopeless, I am still checking around to see if there is any light at the end of this tunnel. Only after Googling around a lot, I did come across the way to get the HTML5 out of Firefox. Maybe persistent will work to find a way to get it out of IE. :D/>/>/>

Gary

Gary, you need to follow the links in the post.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Gary, you need to follow the links in the post.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

=========================

Eric,

I followed every link on that site that I could find, and I also did a search of the that forum. But nothing shows up. If you have a specfic link that you think pertains to the problem, it would be helpful if you would bring your screenshot into a program such as Paint and drawn an arrow or circle it. I have looked and looked, but nothing has been found.

Thanks... Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

=========================

Eric,

I followed every link on that site that I could find, and I also did a search of the that forum. But nothing shows up. If you have a specfic link that you think pertains to the problem, it would be helpful if you would bring your screenshot into a program such as Paint and drawn an arrow or circle it. I have looked and looked, but nothing has been found.

Thanks... Gary

Hi Gary

I was referring to the Windows update of SP1, I followed it but it only referred to W7 64bit, which I have downloaded without any discernable affects. Sorry that's me done. BTW quiet isn't it?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1