WnSoft Forums

Optimizing Slideshow... Tips and Tricks

anthrodoc

:lol: I just redid a show, and reduced the size of all my jpegs to < 100k each (most are 50 or below)... It seems to have helped to reduce the jumps and other problems when running the show on another computer. On the 'old' forum, someone posted a tip about using background images... something about the "hide" function that enabled you to store a picture only once in your final project but to use in multiple times on various slides.... My brain is trying to wrap around that one, and I would like to hear from anyone who could explain this trick, for further slideshow optimizing.

Thanks

Brian

Yes Brian, when you use the same picture more than once, show's size doesn't increase.

This is very useful when you create slides made only by objects, because as "main" picture (deselecting "Show picture" in PTE main screen) you can place any picture you used in your show, and you'll not increase the final size of the presentation.

This is also true for shows made without objects. Using the same picture periodically throughout a show will not increase its overall size no matter how many times the repeated picture pops up. I guess it would make it a bit boring though :lol:

Ian

I must to add, such optimization works and for any other resources of presentations (including music files, icons, backgrounds, and etc).

Any duplicated files will not be included twice (or more) in any type of presentation. Just it a "transparent" for creator and he may don't think about it.