WnSoft Forums

Distant Memories

colin hill

Guest Yachtsman1

ERIC

THAT IS BECAUSE YOU CLICKED ON THE ORIGINAL QUOTE

YOU DID NOT WRITE ME FOR MY LINK

what is the name of that place Margaret suggested i go to to get my eyes checked )))))))))))

ken

Ken I posted that in case anyone else went to the trouble of trying the link, as for myself, I'm not that interested, if the author hasn't the confidence to post his own work, may be my original comments should apply, "no posty no commenty" :o/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Sorry Colin if this is creating the wrong impression. :huh:/>

Colin's show reminded me, in the nicest possible way, of the Camera Club Competition equivalent of the "record shot". When a judge makes that comment it is often to describe the difference between a beautiful coastal scene shot at 12 noon as opposed to being shot at sunset with a Lee Big Stopper and a graduated ND Filter.

I loved the fact that it shows us parts of the world that some of us are not now likely to visit and others can put in their "bucket list" of places to visit. I am also pleased that Colin chose to share his memories with us. The fact that there is no strict synchronicity between music and slides does not worry me in the slightest. The music is pleasant background music without much in the way of dynamics and I did not find the need to worry about the first beat of every bar of music. It's a tapestry over which Colin could concentrate on getting the best out of his images without having to be strict about timings.

I could be critical about the sometimes very contrasty images and blown skies but that is the way that Colin has chosen to present it and they are his memories and we must be grateful that he has chosen to share them with us. I suspect that Colin has returned from his journey with JPEGs rather than RAW images and this limits the amount of manipulation possible (please forgive me if I am wrong).

So, thanks Colin - a great show.

DG

Hi Dave,

Your comments really gave me some upliftment and therefore the hours that I have spent producing my presentations in order to share my memories with the forum members now seem worth the effort.

Choosing the right music for each presentation was a challenge and trying to synchronize the slides with the music an even bigger challenge.

This was the first time I had the opportunity to really get to grips with my new Nikon DSLR camera and was very impressed with the results. My pictures may not have been the very best, but I

personnaly was pleased with them. Yes i did take all my images in JPEG and in future will experiment with taking them in RAW. You are absolutely right on this point.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments.

Colin

Ken I posted that in case anyone else went to the trouble of trying the link, as for myself, I'm not that interested, if the author hasn't the confidence to post his own work, may be my original comments should apply, "no posty no commenty" :o/>/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Sorry Colin if this is creating the wrong impression. :huh:/>/>

Hi Eric,

I have no problem at all regarding you expressing your opinion. Thank you as well for your constructive comments regarding my other shows, much appreciated.

Colin

True, but any comment is better than no comment and at least "great" will offer some encouragement to carry on.

Hi Mick,

One word can explain it all and yes, encouragement from fellow forum members does go a long way.

Thank you,

Colin

Well Colin you're going to get precious little comments if members not connected with a sequence try to beat up the one person who did make a constructive comment. It's bad enough if you make a comment on someones slide show that upsets them, but now it seems you would have to run the gauntlet of others too. It's an impossible situation, sad but true.

The ONLY way you will EVER get true contructive comments is if those making the comments could submit them to a moderator and the comments were reposted and remained annonymous. Then you may get a much larger range of comments and the balance for the author would be far better.

Xaver has done just what you ask, but is getting the forum treatment.

The ONLY way you will EVER get true constructive comments is if those making the comments could submit them to a moderator and the comments were reposted and remained anonymous. Then you may get a much larger range of comments and the balance for the author would be far better.

Xaver has done just what you ask, but is getting the forum treatment.

Maybe a good idea, but who of the moderators would like to do this job, I myself would not. We should not over-organize the forum. It seems to me that the British AV scene may use PTE but does not publish in this forum, and most of those who do it do not seem to be willing to learn. So for years, the quality has remained on the same level :(

BTW: Xaver isn't thin-skinned :)

Regards,

Xaver