WnSoft Forums

Farnborough airshow, 2012

Donfoster

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Don

Being an aircraft buff, I only have one word, FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC :rolleyes:/> :rolleyes:/> :rolleyes:/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS Been in the bomb bay of the Vulcan on a school trip to Avro's Woodford where they were tring to get apprentices, The apprentices were building a replica Avro ??? for the film Those Magnificent Men etc. Been in an Avro Shackleton (Lancaster later version) at the Air & Space museum in Manchester, used to play Albatross on my tenor sax. :P/>

Hi Don,

Superb photography and a well put together show. Having served my apprenticeship with Handley Page and spent two years in their Test Deptment it certainly brought back memories of many trips to Farnborough.

Hi Don,

I enjoyed the show and thought that the images were superb.

But I have to comment about the transitions?

With music like that you (I) expect the transition to fall on the ONE beat whilst your transitions were all over.

Maybe it's my musical background but I felt that longer transitions on the ONE beat would have turned a superb show into something even better.

Thanks for putting it up.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Don,

But I have to comment about the transitions?

With music like that you (I) expect the transition to fall on the ONE beat whilst your transitions were all over.

Can't agree with those comments, one of the reasons I enthused over the show was the transitions, where without exception were spot on, could be something wrong with the download, mine was perfect.

Yachtsman1.

Thank you Dave, DG, and Eric for your comments. I felt the transitions suited the music but I'm no musician. My late wife use to chastise me that I was tone deaf, (I couldn't dance either) perhaps she was right.

We will never all agree, but if we didn't post our sequences we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

Best wishes

Don

Don,

I really enjoyed the show.

My comment was meant to be helpful?

If the piece of music did not have such a "forceful" beat it would not have mattered to me but when using something like "Albatross", which I must have played thousands of times (professionally) it was a bit like having a drummer or bass player playing a waltz under a 4/4 melody.

Thanks for posting,

DG

My comment was meant to be helpful?

It has been my experience that making comments of this type is an invidious task. Typically transitions are placed in a random way. Here, they follow the melody (and in a lot of places they are at beat one, but not always). But I would have preferred beat one in all places, as well.

Regards,

Xaver

It has been my experience that making comments of this type is an invidious task.

Your timing issues have been repeated on numerous occasions.

In sync, out of sync, or random timing can be for effect, deliberate, or deemed as unimportant by the author.

Timing of course, can be crucial, but is only one factor in the make up of an AV.

Not everyone makes an AV for critical inspection, but even at that,interpretation is down to the individual.

The other moderators will at least balance a negative point with a positive one.

Adopting this approach might gain you more credibility, at least with those starting out with PTE.

Being thick skinned is not always a positive attribute. You run the risk of being labeled callous.

Kind Regards,

Davy

I have posted a show on Beechbrook called "Farnborough airshow, 2012". All the images in the sequence were taken on the day at Farnborough.

Don,

I don't think you need much encouragement,as you are off to a flying start.

Even the sky played ball.

Cool pics and sequence of pics.Not sure if I could do anything similar.

The extended ;)/> Fleetwood Mac track held things back I thought,but just my take.

Well done.

Davy

Thank you DavyC for your kind words and encouragement, I am very pleased you enjoyed the Shoreham show. I understand what people are saying about the timing in the Farnborough show, when I first did the show and followed the beat exactly some images were on screen for too long some barely on at all and it didn't flow, it seemed disjointed. I will visit it again and see if I cam improve the balance, but I think it would spoil the sequence if the overall flow is interrupted. ( I must admit I love the extended time of Albatross, I would have played it twice but that would have been greedy, I'm not sure I would have had enough images to warrant it).

Many thanks

Don