WnSoft Forums

Saving Object Editor settings

Jim

Hi guys and girls, I'm using the Object Editor on a bunch of slides and I'd like to add a Button to each one, with different wording on each while retaining the same background color and text color that I've chosen...the default is not what I want to use however so each button has to have its Properties used to switch and this really does slow the whole thing down...is there any way to change the default font--including the size, color--in the OE's Button properties? ( I'd also like to be able to change the default size of the button itself as the standard setting is not big enough for what I want to do.) Thanks for any ideas, Jim.

Hello Jim

You can create your own buttons in your graphic editor to the required size & add what text you want to the buttons.

Then in Object Editor add them as a picture and place in position of your choice, then choose properties.

Hawk

Jim

The making of a Project Template is exactly what you need to do.

I believe this is wonderful and valuable feature of PTE is greatly under used by most Users. Creating templates simplifies lots of multiple and tedious settings and tasks ... especially if your project has lots of objects that get reused thru-out your presentation.

Create and save one page within your Template with all your objects that you know will be repeatedly used often. One this page, create your various button sizes , text format settings, colors, etc.

Now that you have this custom page of OBJECTS preset with your needs ... all you need to do now is use COPY SLIDE to wherever within your presentation. Add , Remove or Customize the OBJECTS according to your current Slide needs.

Lots of multiple and repeated tasks are greatly simplified ... greatly reducing your presentation time to setup.

Aha! So THAT'S how it's done! I knew I'd find out here from all the PTE mavens. What I failed to realise was that you can use PICTURES to issue commands (go to page 1 etc..) via the Properties in the OE, I thought that only BUTTONS had that ability..thanks very much to all who helped, appreciate it.

BTW...what has become of the idea that was running around on the forum a while back re having some sort of get-together?? Is anyone interested?? Or is this going to be just too difficult/expensive given the distant spots on the globe where we all live?

Regards, Jim.