WnSoft Forums

YORKSHIRE DALES AND VILLAGES

A few images taken last year during a few days walking in the Yorkshire Dales - an area of scenic beauty in the North of England.

Much of the landscape here is limestone country with lush green valleys (know locally as 'dales' from the Nordic word 'dal'). Throughout the dales, fields and pastures are bounded by distinctive white drystone walls which criss-cross the hillsides in elaborate patterns.

There are many such dales in Yorkshire - this slideshow visits just a few of them.

On www.beechbrook.com/pte for PC and MAC with grateful thanks to Bill Hines as always.

Maureen

A few images taken last year during a few days walking in the Yorkshire Dales - an area of scenic beauty in the North of England.

Much of the landscape here is limestone country with lush green valleys (know locally as 'dales' from the Nordic word 'dal'). Throughout the dales, fields and pastures are bounded by distinctive white drystone walls which criss-cross the hillsides in elaborate patterns.

There are many such dales in Yorkshire - this slideshow visits just a few of them.

On www.beechbrook.com/pte for PC and MAC with grateful thanks to Bill Hines as always.

Maureen

Hello Maureen,

Greetings from the other end of the planet - New Zealand.

My wife and I are always entranced by the beauty of the English countryside, the history of ages that we do not have in this young, raw country of NZ. We do have natural scenery, but the hand of man has not wrought anything like your farms, villages, bridges, and historical ruins here. Ours is functional, utilitarian, do the job without much thought given to aesthetics or intrinsic beauty of form.

Thank you for your show, giving a cameo of your English heritage. How I would like to be able to travel there with my Canon!

Just one little ask; could you extend the time of your last image with the credits a little longer? It went past too fast to be able to read it all and appreciate the final image.

Regards,

Colin

Hello Maureen,

Greetings from the other end of the planet - New Zealand.

My wife and I are always entranced by the beauty of the English countryside, the history of ages that we do not have in this young, raw country of NZ. We do have natural scenery, but the hand of man has not wrought anything like your farms, villages, bridges, and historical ruins here. Ours is functional, utilitarian, do the job without much thought given to aesthetics or intrinsic beauty of form.

Thank you for your show, giving a cameo of your English heritage. How I would like to be able to travel there with my Canon!

Just one little ask; could you extend the time of your last image with the credits a little longer? It went past too fast to be able to read it all and appreciate the final image.

Regards,

Colin

Hi Colin

Thank you for your kind words. A few years back my husband had to visit NZ on business and has since raved about its beauty and has always wanted to return.

I have permitted keyboard control so if you press your space bar it will pause any image.

Maureen

Hello Maureen,

Once again you have produced a beautiful sequence with commensurate music which is just a joy to watch.

Your photography is spot on with the lighting and textures of this wonderful part of England showing how lucky we are to live here. My wife and rented a cottage on the North York Moors 2 yrs ago and we discovered just how lovely Yorkshire is. There is so much here so keep snapping away.

Thank you.

Anthony

Maureen,

Once again your tack sharp images, choice of music, composition and flow of the entire show are spot on. We've traveled throughout much of England but have yet to make it to the Yorkshire Dales. Your superb presentation makes me want to move such a trip closer to the top of our list! Thanks for sharing your talents.

Bill

My thanks to all of you for your very kind comments. It is very satisfying to know that you all enjoyed the show.

Rick - The Lakes is next on my list of projects. I've had something in mind for a while.

Ant - I lived all but the last 10 years of my life in Yorkshire and spent about 40 years walking in the Dales prior to getting properly hooked up on this photography lark. Oh to be able to turn back the years....

Thanks again.

Maureen

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Maureen

The Yorkshire Dales were the reason I decided to make photography my main hobby. We lived in Leyburn in the heart of Wensleydale for 4 years, so probably photgraphed out most of the Dales. I spotted the Overton House Cafe where we had a few very good meals before it changed hands. Your brief snapshot of where we used to live brought the memories flooding back. The picture is one from my Autumn Dales show.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-29108100-1376294344_thumb.jp

Hi Maureen

The Yorkshire Dales were the reason I decided to make photography my main hobby. We lived in Leyburn in the heart of Wensleydale for 4 years, so probably photgraphed out most of the Dales. I spotted the Overton House Cafe where we had a few very good meals before it changed hands. Your brief snapshot of where we used to live brought the memories flooding back. The picture is one from my Autumn Dales show.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric

I thought the show would bring back your memories. Maybe you could let me have the link to your Autumn Show, please.

Maureen

Guest Yachtsman1

Is there an echo in here :blink:/>/> :blink:/>/> :blink:/>/>

Ken there are 3 or 4 version, starting with "The Digital Dales" from 2007, Then "Autumn Dales Diary" (club version), which actually got commended at the one & only AV review day at Bradford that I went to, plus an extended version of that one which I shortened as the Bradford entries had to be 6 mins or under, all 4-3. "Springtime Dales" which I think I converted to widescreen & my epic charity fund raiser "Leyburn a Town in Wensleydale". Plus many other Dales related shows, including 5 churches

Maureen I'll see which I consider my best effort & let you have the link. Thanks for asking. :)/>/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Maureen

I can't find the latest version of my Springtime Dales which I consider my best of the Dales series, maybe it's on Dropbox? I have the original & when time permits I will upload it to Mediafire & pass on the link. In the meantime, rather than hijack your show I will start a new thread with links to the shows I found relating to the Dales.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Maureen

I can't find the latest version of my Springtime Dales which I consider my best of the Dales series, maybe it's on Dropbox? I have the original & when time permits I will upload it to Mediafire & pass on the link. In the meantime, rather than hijack your show I will start a new thread with links to the shows I found relating to the Dales.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Thanks, Eric and Ken. Willl look forward to seeing.

Maureen