WnSoft Forums

One Thousand Seven Hundred Twenty Eight

Lin Evans

Been working on a little project and thought it might be interesting to demo some of the amazing possibilities with PTE. Not that it's anything really useful for most slideshows, but just shows a little of what's possible with this unique software.

I don't believe this can be done with any other presentation slideshow software. This was done "entirely" with PicturesToExe.

One thousand seven hundred twenty eight independent displays running videos simultaneously on the six faces of this rotating cube. It's part of something else I'm doing, but I thought it might be interesting for some.....

Link to zipped Windows Exe - about 50 meg

Lin

One thousand seven hundred twenty eight independent displays running videos simultaneously on the six faces of this rotating cube.

... just if you want to experience epileptiformseizures biggrin.gif/>/>

Impressive

Regards

Patrick

Hi Patrik

Thanks!!

Yes, it could definitely "mess" with one's mind!!! LOL. As I said, only an experiment as part of another project but does show that "multiple" videos are a distinct possibility with PTE

Best Regards,

Lin

Been working on a little project and thought it might be interesting to demo some of the amazing possibilities with PTE. Not that it's anything really useful for most slideshows, but just shows a little of what's possible with this unique software.

I don't believe this can be done with any other presentation slideshow software. This was done "entirely" with PicturesToExe.

One thousand seven hundred twenty eight independent displays running videos simultaneously on the six faces of this rotating cube. It's part of something else I'm doing, but I thought it might be interesting for some.....

Link to zipped Windows Exe - about 50 meg

Lin

Hi Lin,

Glad to see you are still keeping up your very high standard of PTE function demonstrations. This is very impressive and it runs as smooth as butter on my machine. I am just getting to grips with all of the additional features of Version 8.0. How did you make the text stand out from the cube background. I assume it is a function of the 3D parametes but, experimenting with them did not produce the result that you achieved.

regards

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for checking it out!!

Glad to see you back on the forums!!

The text effect is done by adjusting the 3D parameter "Pan Z." In this particular example, a setting of -17 produces the distance from the rotating cube. If you put in two images as "objects" in the objects list and position them very close to each other, then set the 3D horizontal axis for each to about 45 degrees and play with the Pan Z value for one of them you will get a feel for how it works.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for checking it out!!

Glad to see you back on the forums!!

The text effect is done by adjusting the 3D parameter "Pan Z." In this particular example, a setting of -17 produces the distance from the rotating cube. If you put in two images as "objects" in the objects list and position them very close to each other, then set the 3D horizontal axis for each to about 45 degrees and play with the Pan Z value for one of them you will get a feel for how it works.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks for that explanation. Somehow in your demo on my machine the text still seems to have a 3D appearance even when the cube is face on (obviously not true!). But after experimentation I see now that it is just the distance between the objects on the Y axis that gives the illusion. Whilst most of my shows are just straightforward and I tend to rely on the quality of the images and perhaps also the story for the main impact, I must lok at some of your tutorials again as the example shows you are posting have some very attractive effects which I am sure can be used to enhance the overall presentation. Thanks again.

Best regards

Jeff

Hi Judy,

That's me about 28 years ago. In my youth, I was a musician. I was a trumpeter with the California School Band and Orchestra and I played guitar in several Bluegrass bands in my younger days - paid my way through college - After that, I did a little composing and the background music is one I called "Tranquility."

Best regards,

Lin

Who is the guitarist?

Hi Colin,

Thanks!

Actually, the process is fairly straight-forward and not difficult to do. It just takes a bit of time and patience. I have a couple tutorials in the tutorials section (linked to Youtube) on creating the 3D Video Wall which explains how to construct the basic element of a video wall used in the creation of the cube. The same process can be used to create a wide variety of curved or flat displays which can then be incorporated in various 3D transform geometric patterns. It's mostly not relevant to serious presentation slideshows, but more toward animation fun. The nice thing is that PTE actually is much easier to use for some of these projects than some of my 3D software such as Blender and Maya.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Jeff,

Yes, it's 3D Transform in 2D space so it is indeed an illusion but when viewed shortly after seeing the separation against a rotating 3D object the mind adds the depth even when viewing straight-on.

If you want to enhance the 3D effect of text using the Pan Z feature, you may also want to consider using the "Show Back Side" check-box. When the backside of the text is visible when it is linked as a child object to a rotating three dimensional object, the 3D effect is enhanced I think.

If you download the same link again - I have added a "Go Denver Broncos" text to one side of the cube and checked the "Show Back Side" for that one only. You can see the difference as the cube rotates and get an idea of how being able to see the back side of the text in reverse adds to the illusion.

Best regards,

Lin