WnSoft Forums

Dave's Styles

davegee

• 2 years later...

Apparently, Dave has become too popular.  When I try to download anything from this page, I get a message that the download page has too much activity and it won't let me download anything.  Must be one of the burdens of fame.  Do we need to wait for your popularity to die down, Dave, or is there an alternative way to access the files you offer?

Thanks for sharing your terrific styles over the years, Dave.  They have been most helpful to me in recent weeks as I learn PTE.

Using your carousel932_169 style as an example, I like how photos of slightly different aspect ratios display with even borders as if they were all cropped exactly to the same size.  You said that it requires formatting the master frame in each slide. Is there any tutorial or other explanation of how best to format master frame(s) so that all nine images appear to be of the same aspect ratio?

Also, could this technique be applied to vertical images, either on the same slides or in separate slides?

Thanks!

-Craig

Hi Craig,

When I made the Style I allocated each photo with "Cover Slide" Mode. That way, no matter what the AR it will always "Cover" its parent frame.

There is one anomaly - if you try to change the image in O&A the new image will assume "Fit to Slide".

The Style makes it "Cover".

I would probably have to start again to make a Portrait AR Style. I will look at it.

DG

Terrific...this is most helpful information, Dave.  I'll make sure to use the "Cover Slide" mode!

I appreciate your thoughts on a Portrait AR style, as I often have to deal with portrait-sized photos that will simply not display properly when rendered in landscape format. I hope to figure out how to mix portrait and landscape images in one slide as I ascend the proverbial learning curve.

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, davegee said:

I think that you had probably better look at it again? :) These are stored on the WNSOFT server and download OK for me.

DG

AHA!  They're all working for me now except a couple.  The one that triggered my post was on the Canvas Mount post.  I've discovered that the style is on this site, but I clicked on the link beneath " ...and here's the Demo EXE" to see what the effect looks like and it goes to dropbox.  The good news is that you're absolutely correct.  All the GOOD stuff works.  And here I was thinking that you had become so famous that the internet couldn't handle you.  ;-)  I'm waiting to see what new tricks you can come up with to incorporate more PanosFX action results.  Your fan is superb!