WnSoft Forums

Customize synchronization and accuracy

Michel

I wish know as well as possible the basic configuration to view perfectly a slide show, with very good smooth transitions.

(for me, P2 450 with 256 ram is a minimum)

With your opinion ?

I agree, Michel, even though it's quite impossible, in my opinion, to indicate an exact CPU clock frequency and/or a precise amount of Ram, because there are too many other variables that cannot be evaluated, like the number of processes running in backround, the allocated memory etc.

But with a Win 9x/ME on a 450 MHz machine with 128-192 MB of Ram (and Win NT/2000/XP on 450-500 MHz machine with 256 Ram) one can be sure enough all works well, with smooth transitions and without music problems.

I just checked your new version, Maria 2: all right. No differencies in transions smothness; only the end of music can be heard clearly (with last milliseconds...), but music this time ends even too quickly, before the end of show. Maybe it was better to add only a black slide at the end, without any modification of previous version.

P.S. - BTW, could you send me your sound file, if it is not too large for you? As to me, I have no problem, because with my new mail address I can send and receive attachments up to 10 MB.

At the moment, as regards the other small described problems, I persist in saying that it is very often about configuration of computer (and true colors or not....)

Example, with a friend:

Another test on a notebook, Duron 850, 256 mb, Windows ME, standard videocard: perfect...

no problem of fade, of music.....

I wait possibly for the answer of Igor to the quoted problems.

Michel,

Guido referred to "the number of processes running in the background" in his earlier post. I believe this is equally as important as the specs of the individual pc. One should be sure to exit from all processor- and RAM-intensive programs, such as Photoshop, other slide show programs, and all other Microsoft programs ( ;) ), etc., and resize the screen to the size of the largest image, before running PTE in order to obtain the best dissolves.

Ciao,

Al

Guido referred to "the number of processes running in the background" in his earlier post. I believe this is equally as important as the specs of the individual pc. One should be sure to exit from all processor- and RAM-intensive programs [...]

I had a clear confirmation of rightness of this Al's advice just this night. I was finishing a little presentation, and I had PTE (obviously...) opened together with Photoshop and a sound editor.

Well, when I tried to preview the show, transitions were quite jerky on my old P2 450 machine with 384 MB Ram and Win 2000. When I closed these applications, the presentation ran perfectly.