WnSoft Forums

Kingston Mobilelite for Tablets

davegee

Do you have an iPad and do you want to be able to transfer your images from your camera to the iPad with the minimum of fuss anywhere, anytime wirelessly?

The Kingston Mobilelite is a card reader for SD cards which allows you to do this.

It is battery powered, and will wirelessly connect with your iPad or Android device after installing the Mobilelite APP. Plug an SD card into it and you can browse the contents on the iPad at up to Actual Pixels. Furthermore you can then copy/move images from the card to the iPad and you will be able to view these images via the APP. JPEG images are viewable and RAW files can be copied but (at this time) I can't view the RAW images. You can also access MP3 and PDF files via the APP.

I have configured my camera to take RAW + JPEG and divert the RAW and JPEG files to seperate SD cards for ease of use.

It also doubles as an emergency battery charger for your mobile phone.

I just received mine today and (after charging the battery) was able to do all of the clever little things it is capable of in minutes.

It comes with a USB Charging lead and an SD to Micro SD adaptor.

£32 from Amazon UK

http://www.kingston....wireless#mlw221

I have no connection with Kingston - just a happy user.

DG

Hi Tom,

I have not tried video yet but the app indicates photos, video, audio are possible. It recognizes these files from the card and allows you to create folders to transfer to.

The website mentions PDF, so I am pretty sure that it will. I will try video, PDF and audio tomorrow.

It requires that an SD or micro SD card be used for the transfer.

Everything needs to be initiated from the app. I will update you tomorrow.

Meanwhile there are a few videos on the web site.

DG

• 2 months later...

Update.

You can also "stream" video, images, PDFs and Audio wirelessly from the Mobilelite to the Tablet/ iPad without having to fill up the "Tablet's" memory. A USB or SD card is plugged into the Kingston Mobilelite and read wirelessly from your Tablet / iPAD.

It does not work through your home Broadband - it uses its own wireless network so it will work anywhere.

DG

• 3 weeks later...