WnSoft Forums

Message received

Sarah

:P Just downloaded XP and now I get the following message when I click on the PTE icon, "PTE V1.00-V1.60 pictures are not supported now". I was working on a slideshow with 300 scanned pictures previously. What does this message mean and will I have to rescan all of my pictures.? Thank you for a reply.

The latest version of PTE is 3.8

Is your version of PTE the latest? And yes, was your XP download a service pack release?

Sounds like the show was created under an old version and then you upgraded something.

Give us details

:P

I have XP home edition and the software works fine.

I originally was using windows 98 and upgraded to XP (previous 2 versions) have all worked fine.

I have also used the same versions with XP professional ..... all was well.

You may find that deleting the programme and reloading will fix the problem you are experiencing.

I can not think of any reason why it will not work with XP.

Yes, I have seen this message after upgrading my computer from Windows 98SE to Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade.

The message is an "Informational" pop-up that reminds you that pictures that were used in the PTE program versions 1.00 to 1.60 will not be supported in the current version 3.80.

This is not an error message and should not affect the PTE program operation in any way!

Chances are that your picture files were transferred to a different folder during the Windows XP upgrade.