WnSoft Forums

Questions on License Keys

trailertrash

I just checked up - the cost of the upgrade for the UK is £25 + VAT. It should be equal to $34.

Yes, but the UK ex rate is pretty good at the moment. Better to pay in USD than GBP, and don't forget VAT takes it up to $40.95 USD.

Paying in GBP + VAT takes the cost to £ 30 GBP which converts to $49 USD at todays ex rate.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought VAT will be added regardless of chosen currency. Because it should be based on the country which you set in your order.

Yes you would assume that. Seems otherwise. My invoice reads $ 40.80 but if I paid in GBP and added VAT it would have been $ 49 USD.

Not a huge saving but a bargin is a bargin, and for v8 it makes it a genuine bargin.

Igor you really should sort out this licence key business, I have not had too much difficulty in the past but it has never been a strait forward thing. I've been using all versions up 7.5, now I have tried to upgrade to 8 and I'm told that my licence key is incorrect or damaged. I've read all the posts on the Forum and see loads of people (Including advanced members are having trouble. It is very frustrating that I cannot make it work

misterk

Crazyhorse

Igor you really should sort out this licence key business, I have not had too much difficulty in the past but it has never been a strait forward thing. I've been using all versions up 7.5, now I have tried to upgrade to 8 and I'm told that my licence key is incorrect or damaged. I've read all the posts on the Forum and see loads of people (Including advanced members are having trouble. It is very frustrating that I cannot make it work

misterk

Crazyhorse

I had to choose upgrade using the Version 1 - 6.5 for things to work,even though I was running on Version 7.5.

I first tried the Version 7.0 - 7.5 option,but that did not work.

Davy

misterk,

DavyC,

I apologize for difficulties with the upgrades!

The upgrade form on WnSoft website should work correctly. I tested it many times with different keys. We successfully received the orders for the upgrade to PicturesToExe 8.

I see two typical problems:

1. The order page on WnSoft website contains two links:

- Upgrade from versions 1.0 – 6.5 to Deluxe edition

- Upgrade from versions 7.0 – 7.5 to Deluxe edition

First link - intended for long license keys (or a key in a file) which we sent to customers up to version 6.5

The second link - for short license keys since version 7.0.

Regrettably some users tried to enter key to a wrong form intended for another type of a license key and it doesn't work.

2. In case of the problems with a long license key entered to necessary form, users submited a modified key with removed beginning of the key. The key should be entered "as is", like it was entered to activate old versions of PicturesToExe.

Question: What do people who buy PTE for their company with a tax ID number? They typically do not need to pay VAT.

We use services of PayPro Global to accept payments.

Companies can return VAT after purchasing. They should contact to support@payproglobal.com

Yes you would assume that. Seems otherwise. My invoice reads $ 40.80 but if I paid in GBP and added VAT it would have been $ 49 USD.

Not a huge saving but a bargin is a bargin, and for v8 it makes it a genuine bargin.

Thanks for this information! I'll contact to PayPro Global to clear this situation.

1. The order page on WnSoft website contains two links:

- Upgrade from versions 1.0 – 6.5 to Deluxe edition

- Upgrade from versions 7.0 – 7.5 to Deluxe edition

First link - intended for long license keys (or a key in a file) which we sent to customers up to version 6.5

The second link - for short license keys since version 7.0.

Igor,

I suggest that you add examples of the key formats to that webpage.

Perhaps something along these lines:

- Upgrade from a version that uses long form keys (AbCxJv65H*g... - typically versions 1.0 - 6.5)

- Upgrade from a version that uses short form keys (ABCD-1234-ZYXW-9876 - typically versions 7.0 - 7.5)

regards,

Igor,

I assumed that as I had been using Version 7.5.10, that upgrade would be made via the 'Version 7.0 - 7.5 Option'.

Originally I started off with something like version 5.6 and upgraded along the way.

My key was the long version associated with the early versions.

As such it only worked with the Version 1-6.5 upgrade option.

Davy

Guest Yachtsman1

I bought mine last night when the issue appeared, however, there does appear to be an error. Assuming the quoted price is in US dollars? $34.00, $34 dollars at the current exchange rate of 1.6349 equates to £20.80, with vat at 20% = £4.16, this should be £24.96 to pay. I paid £30.00 inc vat, bill attached. Like me my calculator is quite old. :(/>/>/>

Yachtsman1

From announcement page "Upgrades

The upgrade price from all previous versions 1.0 -7.5 to the new Deluxe 8 is only $34.

Even with the new pricing for the full Deluxe edition, we offer the same low upgrade price to all existing customers (from any previous versions and any editions).

All customers who purchased PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.5 since July 2013 have the free upgrade to new version 8, as indicated on our website.

post-5560-0-26615000-1386512594_thumb.jp

Chris,

Please send request to our support team:

http://www.wnsoft.com/support/

I bought mine last night when the issue appeared, however, there does appear to be an error. Assuming the quoted price is in US dollars? $34.00, $34 dollars at the current exchange rate of 1.6349 equates to £20.80, with vat at 20% = £4.16, this should be £24.96 to pay. I paid £30.00 inc vat, bill attached. Like me my calculator is quite old. :(/>/>/>/>/>/>

Yachtsman1

From announcement page "Upgrades

The upgrade price from all previous versions 1.0 -7.5 to the new Deluxe 8 is only $34.

Even with the new pricing for the full Deluxe edition, we offer the same low upgrade price to all existing customers (from any previous versions and any editions).

All customers who purchased PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.5 since July 2013 have the free upgrade to new version 8, as indicated on our website.

Eric,

Today the internal exchange rate GBP to USD on PayPro Global is 1.54. It's floating every day as I know. PayPro Global is a Canadian company. I just corrected the upgrade price in GBP. Now it's £22 for the UK + VAT.

Probably I'll turn on dynamic price for the UK customers, the prices in GBP will depend on current rate of USD.

Guest Yachtsman1

Chris,

Please send request to our support team:

http://www.wnsoft.com/support/

Eric,

The current internal exchange rate between GBP to USD on PayPro Global is 1.54.

It's floating every day. I just corrected prices in GBP. The price of the upgrade now £22 for the UK + VAT.

I got my figure from an internet site at around 2.15pm UK time, however £22.00 + 20% vat = £26.40, not £30.00 as paid. I'm not splitting hairs but we ought to have the correct details.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Igor

Like Eric I purchased my new licence yesterday and was charged as follows

Total Purchase Price: 30.00 GBP (46.39 USD)

If this is now being cut to £26.40 can we get a credit towards the next upgrade :)

Congratulations to you and the team on a superb product.

Regards

Geoff

Hi,

Why is this so complicated? I have enjoyed using PTE for many years, now on version 7.5.10. I want to upgrade to version 8. The current licence key is nearly the length of a book! After much cursing, I managed to extract it from my registry and found it in an old email from you. But when I try to enter it in the appropriate upgrade screen, I get the licence key is incorrect or damaged. I've spent an hour on this and have lost the will to live or use PTE.

Regards,

From reading these posts it seems that the confusion stems from the fact that, although the user is currently using v7.5, their first purchase of PTE, and therefore their first licence key was for a version prior to v7.0.

So, it isn't the version that you currently use that is important, it is the licence key that is stored in your registry. If that licence key is of the ultra long form (which was a long string of seemingly random characters) then your upgrade path should be the 1.0-6.5 choice. If your licence key is the shorter form (which I seem to recall was four or five groups of four or five characters) then the upgrade option to choose is that for v7.0-7.5.

I hope this helps.

As from v8, we will all be using the same kind of key - the five groups of five characters - and therefore future confusion should be dramatically reduced.

regards,

Steeplejack,

The upgrade form doesn't accept extracted key which looks like this:

0ebaWDX70BKxW

<...>

Flg/uDddY8a8cjiDJDF4XkI=

(Keys for PicturesToExe 1.0 - 6.5)

You need to use the original key which we sent you in the email after purchasing.

Please use this utility:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mzimoduazzy/PTE-KeyCopy.zip

to extract your current license key from Windows Registry and save it to a file.

It will save the file "PTE_KeyCopy.txt".

Load this file and use in the upgrade form