WnSoft Forums

Sound Problem on Published AVI for Tablet.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

3 Kbps is low for audio. Usually 64 kbps or higher. Is this an avi or mp4 you are creating?

Tom

Hi Tom

It is a video for tablet from PTE publish, tried again later creating a normal AVI, still no sound! So after sleeping on it & deciding it was because the file wasn't opened in the file tree, I opened it & tried again, still no sound. So I went back to my Card for Christmas show & tried to publish for tablet, still no sound. Then I went back to my O'Toole show, which I had published as an AVI to test for Robert's problem, strangley, the sound was ok. Back to Wilfred Owen show, Checked the settings & have discovered that when the audio tab is set to auto, the published show has no sound, I then set it to stereo, BOOM, the sound is there, strange, is this a bug? See screen shots.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-98449200-1389687042_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-83602300-1389687055_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-68458000-1389687069_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-46877700-1389687085_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Just transferred WO show to my Hudle tablet & it plays as it should sound & all :)/> . So IMO there is a problem with the default AVI/VIDEO publish audio setting tab default. :unsure:/> :unsure:/> :unsure:/>

Yachtsman1.

I am a new poster although have been learning from this forum for a while now. As one who likes to keep everything at default settings unless there is a good reason to change, I too had the same problem with no sound but had not worked out the reason. Thank Eric. You not only solved your own problem but mine too!

Guest Yachtsman1

I am a new poster although have been learning from this forum for a while now. As one who likes to keep everything at default settings unless there is a good reason to change, I too had the same problem with no sound but had not worked out the reason. Thank Eric. You not only solved your own problem but mine too!

Hi Although I managed to restore the sound on the published AVI, IMO the problem is still there in the programme, & intermittent. I have never had to change from default auto to stereo to enable sound to be heard. Maybe Igor will pick up on this presumed bug.

Glad my info fixed your problem.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Although I managed to restore the sound on the published AVI, IMO the problem is still there in the programme, & intermittent. I have never had to change from default auto to stereo to enable sound to be heard. Maybe Igor will pick up on this presumed bug.

Glad my info fixed your problem.

Yachtsman1.

Just tried to convert another show "Cholesterol" to tablet format & again no sound!!! Tried all three options on the audio tab, still no sound. This happens intermittently.

IMO definate bug somewhere???

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Just tried to convert another show "Cholesterol" to tablet format & again no sound!!! Tried all three options on the audio tab, still no sound. This happens intermittently.

IMO definate bug somewhere???

Yachtsman1

Right

the bug is, when you do a repeat publish the "This show must be saved first" pop up doesn't pop up, and the saved show is minus the sound. What I did was make a slight change to force the pop up to pop up, saved it then published the AVI, the sound is then there. Tried it 3 times both ways & got positive results each time, sound OK then not OK , however, that isn't the answer, back to WNsoft IMO.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-19314200-1389893681_thumb.jp