WnSoft Forums

How to Publish Your Slideshow

cottage

At no time did I notice a progress bar, maybe that should have been a clue. I was also unaware that the shows would have to be moderated before appearing. While I fully understand the reasoning for this, it would have been helpful to know this in advance. Did I miss this? After uploading when I didn't see it as a new show, or in my uploads, I assumed it had failed, yet again.

As with all new systems, it will take a while for folk to get used to the way it works. Some teething problems are expected.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At no time did I notice a progress bar, maybe that should have been a clue. I was also unaware that the shows would have to be moderated before appearing. While I fully understand the reasoning for this, it would have been helpful to know this in advance. Did I miss this? After uploading when I didn't see it as a new show, or in my uploads, I assumed it had failed, yet again.

As with all new systems, it will take a while for folk to get used to the way it works. Some teething problems are expected.

Mark, the notices about a progress bar and about show moderation are listed, along with other important information, on the Upload Instructions page which the member must tick in agreement to just before the upload session begins.

Bill

• 1 month later...

Bill Hines and Dave Gould helped lead me thru the upload process

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/

The guidelines are easy to find. Just login (remember you have to be a member to upload in the first place!) then click the “Upload File” button on the right-hand side of the screen. The guidelines will be displayed. Members are obviously presented with this screen each time they attempt to upload.

next page

• Slideshows must be created with PicturesToExe software - www.wnsoft.com

• Executable files must be in zipped format

• Members are permitted to upload 2 shows per week but not more than 5 shows per month.

Upload Instructions:

After clicking the "Continue" button below you have the option to change to any other show category.

Step 1. Select "Click to Upload Files" A window will open displaying files on your computer. You may select all the files you wish to upload at one time or choose them independently by selecting the "Click to Upload Files" button for each show. Choices are: mov, mp3, mpg, wmv, zip. Maximum file size is 224 MB. Each zipped filename should be identified by its format. Example: myshow for PC.zip , myshow for Mac.zip.

WAIT for your files to upload to the server before continuing. A small graphic progress meter is shown to the right side of your shows' name. Once the upload completes your files size will be displayed as well as a link for deletion if necessary.

Step 2. Select "Click to Upload Screenshots". A window will open displaying files on your computer. Select an image to represent your show on the Download pages. Any file size is allowed. Choices are: gif, jpeg, jpg, mpg, png.

Step 3. Enter the "File Name" of your show. Example: My Holiday in Europe. Choose at least one "File Tag". Choices are: PC, Mac, YouTube, and Video. Enter a Description for your show. Click "Add Selection" and your upload session is completed. The administrator will review your show before it becomes available for download.

and you continue on

ken

• 2 months later...

I see two typical problems:

1. The file is not completely uploaded.

When you click the button "Click to Upload Files" you need to wait while the file is being uploaded.

the progress bar on the right side will indicate that:

When file is completely uploaded you'll see the following:

Now you can click "Add Submission" button at the bottom of this page.

2. EXE files should be packed to a ZIP archive. If upload EXE file you'll see the following error:

Note: New slideshows/AV shows don't appear automatically for visitors of the gallery. The moderator should check up new files and it usually takes 1-12 hours.
If you doing everything correctly, but a problem will occur again in future, please let me know.
For the Slideshowclub we use IPB 3.4.6 engine. New version IPB 4.0 is coming soon. Probably they will improve the uploading to make it more intuitive. I've read about improvements in this direction.
P.S. I see that now you successfully uploaded your AV shows. Thank you!

Hello there,

I sent an assembly ("Voyage") twice (the first time Sunday, July 6, the second time yesterday), I have followed the procedure and installation is still not released ...

Normal?

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I use box for virtual or cloud storage. Can i add my sequences with a box link instead of uploading them again?

for example:

Iceland Slideshow, Fuji X-T1, 10-24 lens.

I can offer both Windows and Mac versions. Both links are zipped, so you will have to unzip them. I have a iMac, but have Windows on it just for 'PicturesToExe', which I use for slideshows.
56MB, 6 mins, 1920x1200 (16:10) format, turn your volume up!
Windows version:
Mac Version:

• 4 years later...
  • Igor unpinned this topic