WnSoft Forums

Camtasia Unkind to PTE Animation

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

In my latest tutorial 8 pt2 screen captured with Camtasia, I included some scrolling text, a very small pan & a curling page transition. I used the MP4 1280 x 720 setting, but the result warranted removing the scrolling text & substituting static text, the curling page & animation I left in but wasn't happy. If that is the best Camtasia can do I won't be able to progress the basic PTE tutorials by using it. Any other Camtasia users out there successfully captured PTE animation or scrolling text.?

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

I have Camtasia 8 but have not used it with PTE. I will see how well it works when I get a chance. Normally Camtasia captures at a low fps to reduce file size (15 fps?) so it may not work very well for slideshow animations.

I also have an Elgato HD game capture devices that records HDMI output.

http://www.elgato.com/gaming/game-capture-hd

Tom

Hi Eric,

I don't have much time during the week to test. Here are two test screen recordings.

Camtasia 30 fps

Fraps 30 fps

I think the fraps recording looks slightly smoother than Camtasia. The other option is to use PTE to create the video and insert it into the Camtasia editor (have not tried this).

More Camtasia info here.

http://www.techsmith...ance-prior.html

Tom

Guest Yachtsman1

The other option is to use PTE to create the video and insert it into the Camtasia editor (have not tried this).

Tom

Sorry Tom

I shouldn't have even asked, I was full of trying to do some animation when I saw your post, I took a closer look at the Elgato later & realised it would only do a straight capture, which would then have to be taken into Camtasia to create the zooms, which would defeat the object as Camtasia would render it down & mess up any animation in the capture. Yes putting them into PTE was what I did with the first three tutorials which blew up the file sizes. There wasn't any animation in them so I didn't pick up what was happening until tut8 parts 1 & 2, back to the drawing board.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.