WnSoft Forums

Video Problem if an EXE video is in the windows Startup

^Miki^

Dear,

I'm looking for a software like picturestoexe from long time but i have a problem...

I'd like to use it to create some little video file to execute when Windows start for advertising.

The best feature of Picturestoexe for me is that you can create an exe file so I can't install any mediaplayer or other software to run the video.

I have created a project with some video and photo and i have create the exe file.

I have try it and is work if i put it on the Windows startup folder.

The problem born when I put the exe file in another system (kiosk), the Kiosk have an Intel NUC i5 and a 42" professional display with HDMi connection

When I switch on system, the PC and the display start at the same time but the dispay have a "slow boot" and the PC load the OS very fast and start the video(ssd inside)but, in this casethe video start but i can see only the photo and not the video are showed on the display, i see a black screen when the video could be run. In this scenario if i reboot the system all work good and the video are showed on the display, in this case i can also show the Windows OS starting logo ecc...

I try to put an empty image for 20 second at the first but without result.

I think that the problem is caused from the display delay that is slow to change from the low resolution of the Windows startup to the HD resolution when the OS is ready to use

Some other people have had my problem?

Guest Yachtsman1

Miki

If I read you right, you are confusing an exe file with a video file? PTE allows you to create either from your AV show, from what I gather you need a video not an exe?

Yachtsman1.

If you want to delay startup you can run a small slideshow before the main slideshow.

This example waits 10 seconds before running the main slideshow hello.exe on my desktop. It's a windowed mode slideshow (could have made it full screen) so you see a small black square at the center of the screen.

Tom

delay.zip

Miki

If I read you right, you are confusing an exe file with a video file? PTE allows you to create either from your AV show, from what I gather you need a video not an exe?

Yachtsman1.

Yachtsman1 sorry but I'm not confusing, I have use this funciotn.

Executable File for PC (EXE file)

If you want to publish an Executable file for PC (EXE file) do the same steps as if you publish

executable file for Mac. Just click Publish show button and choose the place to save it on the

computer. It will be saved as EXE file and will work only on Windows.

If you want to delay startup you can run a small slideshow before the main slideshow.

This example waits 10 seconds before running the main slideshow hello.exe on my desktop. It's a windowed mode slideshow (could have made it full screen) so you see a small black square at the center of the screen.

Tom

delay.zip

Dear Tom,

I have already try the delay option without result... :(

Another option is to create a script using your favorite programming language.

Example of a simple script using autoit.

;sleep 20 seconds

sleep(20000)

;run slideshow

Run("slideshow.exe")

I compiled it but it has a few false positives so I did not post.

You can create a batch file but it will show up on the screen during the delay.

Here is a free sleep application. Google is you friend.

http://www.sleepcmd.com/index.html

I still think a slideshow calling another slideshow is the best method since it requires nothing more than PTE.

Tom

Another option is to create a script using your favorite programming language.

Example of a simple script using autoit.

;sleep 20 seconds

sleep(20000)

;run slideshow

Run("slideshow.exe")

I compiled it but it has a few false positives so I did not post.

You can create a batch file but it will show up on the screen during the delay.

Here is a free sleep application. Google is you friend.

http://www.sleepcmd.com/index.html

I still think a slideshow calling another slideshow is the best method since it requires nothing more than PTE.

Tom

Dear Tom,

your solution is a good workaround that resolve my problem.

I create a batch file and put it in autorun folder

c:\sleep.exe 20 /quiet

c:\myvideo.exe

Great thanks for info