WnSoft Forums

Timing Descrepancies

marlun

I created a slideshow (version 3.80) and manually set the timing so that the music would end on the last slide. I manually set the timing so that I could use the navigation bar (using the autosynchronizing method does not allow the navigation bar to be used).

I burned a copy to a CD...everything works fine on my computer.

When I play the CD on another computer, the slide/music timing is out of synch. I have tried using several different computers with the same result.

I'm wondering if the manual timing method is affected by a computers hardware such as the proccesor speed, etc.

I tried creating the same slideshow using the autosynchronizing method, with no navigation bar, and everything works fine on different computers.

Any ideas?

marlun

What you describe in your Shows timing issue using MANUAL SETTINGS is a normal action (or conditon) ... either playing from a CD or on any other PCs hard drives ... this conditon can even exist on your own Pc at various times or loads .

You cannot have total SYNCRONIZATION using any navagation bars or any other settings other than AUTO SYNC.

The timing of all PCs are different ... and your Show will play differently on all PCs ( even on your own sometimes) using any type of manual settings.

Igor created this (magic) AUTO SYNC to address (resolve) the timing differences in PCs.

So if you want perfect timing ... you can only use AUTO SYNC.

marlun

Why go to the trouble of using 'manual' settings to get the music to stop with the last slide, when as soon as you use your 'navigation bar' you no longer have this synchronicity.

I make slideshows for schoolchildren. I produce two versions of each show, one synchronised to the music, a second one identical except for adding the navigation bar and adjusting time between slides to approximate the time given by the synched version.

Terry

Why go to the trouble of using 'manual' settings to get the music to stop with the last slide, when as soon as you use your 'navigation bar' you no longer have this synchronicity.

Terry, you have perfectly understood the sense of the two choices.

When one uses music without synchronization, the best solution is to chose the option "Repeat music after playing".

In the Jukebox, for example, there was no use for Auto Sync. Everything had to be timed manually. Otherwise, the whole darn thing wouldn't have worked.

I'm glad, that both possibilities exist within PTE. One just has to understand, when to use the Auto Sync, and when the manual timing.