WnSoft Forums

No Sound in Preview (again!) [SOLVED]

cgbraggjr

I know this has popped up before, but I can't seem to solve it. I have added an mp3 file to a show and it won't play in preview. I added it as a sound comment - no good. So I removed the comment and added a Track 2 and inserted it there. No good. The mini-player works fine. What have I missed?

Permission to revise and extend: while previewing the show, the sound started playing well past the point of the slide to which it was linked. The offset for the clip is zero, so I'm guessing that preview took the default of 5 seconds per slide and began playing the clip when I had been previewing for 42x5 seconds (it's linked to slide 42). But I still don't know how to get it synched in preview, especially if I start adding and subtracting slides between the beginning and the linked slide.

More information. When I play the exe file, the sound clip comes way too late - not synched to its slide. So, preview is not the only problem. The show is set up so that each slide defaults to 5 seconds, but the default setting is to wait for a keystroke before advancing the slide, and it's only changed from that on 3-4 slides.