WnSoft Forums

Non-functional Windows error message

cgbraggjr

Whenever I start PTE I get this seemingly non-functional error message: "Windows cannot find the target". At the top of the message it says "PicturesToExe.exe" - presumably that's the target not found. And yet everything seems to be working fine. I also have versions 7.5 and 6.5 still installed, if that means anything. OS is Win 7 home edition.

I recommend to re-install PicturesToExe. All versions which you use.

I uninstalled all the older versions and installed 8.0.2 without removing 8.0.1 first. I'm still getting the error message. I'm a bit reluctant to remove 8.0.2 and reinstall because I'm working on a project and don't want to get into (possible) trouble with passwords and keys.

Maybe a corrupted shortcut? Does it happen if you open the application using file explorer? I would try navigating to the program file location and double clicking on the PicturesToExe.exe icon. You can backup to zip your slideshow to make sure nothing is lost during PTE upgrade. I have never had license key problems. Maybe I am just lucky.

Tom

post-2058-0-62811600-1393720584_thumb.pn