WnSoft Forums

Tablet to Have For PTE?

Lin Evans

This ASUS Tablet looks like right now - late March, 2014 - like it may be an ideal solution for users wanting to run and even "create" PTE files on a tablet. Link to review below. Everything, including the price seems to be optimal. I'm considering one myself...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2426771,00.asp

Best regards,

Lin

If you get one let us know how well it works! I have always wanted to try PTE on a tablet but I have been waiting for one that is powerful enough to create and play smooth slideshows.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I had hoped to get one this month, but instead I ordered a cell phone. I have had a small flip phone for a couple years on a "pay as you go" ten cents per minute plan, but it required putting money in every month or every three months. If you "forget" to add money, the company (AT&T) takes what you have invested. After forgetting to add $25 and losing $140 I decided to go with a different plan. I found a great one which uses the AT&T network but only costs $10 per month for 130 minutes of talk and/or text with complete roll-over forever and no contract. They even gave me a free flip phone and paid the shipping! I found I could use my own unlocked phone by just buying a sim card for $4.95 from them and since I've always wanted a camera phone, I found a new Nokia 808 for $349 and ordered it. That shot my budget for buying the ASUS tablet until I recover from the phone. The phone is in transit so I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but since I have no use for the smart phone features and only will be using it for voice and probably not even text, the imaging and video capabilities will be cool. So I guess the tablet will have to wait for a while until my meager budget catches up! LOL

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Ken,

I suspect there is a little misunderstanding here. The tablet Tom is refering to plays executable files and can be used with PTE to actually "create" the slideshows. It runs a real Windows 8 operating system rather than one of the popular tablet operating systems (Android or iOS) or Windows RT which can't run exe files.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Ken,

Yes, this particular ASUS has a removable keyboard and can be used either as a small computer or as a tablet. The difference is that the OS is Windows 8 and it comes with Microsoft Office and some other great programs - see it here:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2426771,00.asp

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

If you get one let us know how well it works! I have always wanted to try PTE on a tablet but I have been waiting for one that is powerful enough to create and play smooth slideshows.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom

Maybe as well to check out the customer reviews on Amazon before deciding to buy one. :o

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00G4E60UA/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_3?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addThreeStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

My wife just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. It's Android and can not create PTE shows. But I am amazed at the quality of the video when it plays the MP4 files made with PTE.

So now a question. Why would we need 'Publish/Video for Mobile Devices...Tablet'? If an MP4 that is created using 'Publish/HD Video' produces an MP4 that plays on an Android tablet, why/when would we use the 'Publish/Video for Mobile Devices...Tablet'?

And I play them off a memory stick and the show with the added video clips play smoothly. :D

Not sure of the difference.

Thanks... Gary