WnSoft Forums

Help Please [SOLVED]

jdearman

I have used PTE for years, however, not in the last year. I am running version 7.5.10. I made a show about 15 months ago and everything worked great as usual.

I have just finished putting togethere a show yesterday and it checked out OK on my computer, however, when I attempted to burn a DVD, I got the following error message:

"An error has occurred while burning a DVD. To fix this error, please try to burn another disc and decrease the burning speed. Please use only high quality DVD media. If this error occurs again, you can create an ISO image and burn the image using another software program."

I do not know what this means, however, I suspect it might have something to do with outdated Video Burner software???

I have a short fuse to complete the show I am working on and I am willing to upgrade or purchase any upgrade software necessary to get this accomplished.

I would appreciate any assistance anyone might provide to me.

Thanks,

Jim Dearman

jedearman1@gmail.com

Guest Yachtsman1

A few questions, did you use PTE's video builder to burn the DVD or some other burning software? Give us a few details of your hardware & show.

Yachtsman1.

PS I would remove your email address from your post, not a good idea on a public forum.

Hi Jim,

The very first thing I would suggest is to buy a small quantity of rewritable DVD's so you don't end up making expensive coasters. It's possible that you simply have a defective DVD. I doubt that the issue has anything at all to do with "outdated software." If software once worked to properly burn a DVD, unless there has been file corruption, there is absolutely no reason why it would not always work properly. DVD's themselves have a shelf life and even a more probable issue is the DVD burner itself. They have a definite cycle life. After so many burns, DVD burners expire. In past years I've purchased literally dozens of DVD burners because they would expire after so many uses. Sometimes I would get 500 burns from one, sometimes less. Rarely did I buy any decent DVD burner which gave me more than about 550 cycles before dying. That's something manufacturers don't tell you, but is well known in the industry. DVD "players" don't have this issue, but burners do. There are emissions produced when DVD's are burned and these settle on the optical components and they just become unreliable. So first get a small quantity of rewritable DVD's to experiment with, then try again. If you get a failure you haven't created a coaster just reformat the DVD and go on with experimentation. If you have an additional external DVD burner try it. Unfortunately there is no "easy" answer but substitution of DVD and then substitution of the burner is how I would approach this.

Best regards,

Lin

Presumably you are using PTE VideoBuilder for the whole process?

At the end of the VideoBuilder pages there are options for a variety of outputs one of which is an ISO file.

Untick everything else and create an ISO - note its location on your PC.

Locate it and double click on it - if you have software capable of burning it, it SHOULD open it automatically.

If that doesn't work come back with more info about how you are trying to Burn the DVD.

DG

Hi Jim,

I had a similar problem with 7.5 and did as Dave suggests and just created an iso file then I put in "imgburn" free software to solve the problem. I never found what the problem was but 8.0 seems to have resolved it although I have only burnt one DVD with it.