WnSoft Forums

Minor bug displaying images in Slides view after deleting [IN WORK]

PGA

This problem is recreatable on my system (PTE v8.0.3 running on Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit).

Open a new project, add some slides (I suggest at least nine to allow some flexibility in your future choices)

Now select a continuous run of slides (using Ctrl+click or Shift+click techniques)

Delete these using the Delete key on the keyboard

Note carefully which slide in the Slide List is now highlighted and which one is actually being displayed in the mini-player. On my system they are not the same.

I can get this error deleting runs of 2, 3, 4 or 5 slides (I haven't tried any larger runs) starting from slide 2, 3, 4 and 5 (I haven't tried with a bigger project with more slides in it)

Is this problem unique to my system and my way of working; or can others recreate it on their systems?

regards,

Peter

Peter,

If I do the contiguous selection in "reverse order" - slide 5 first and Shift Click on Slide 2 - then it works as you would expect. The highlighted slide shows in the Mini Player.

Doing it the way you suggest causes the highlighted slide and the displayed slide to be different (not always the same slide is shown).

DG

P.S. Same W7 Premium 64 Bit

If I do the contiguous selection in "reverse order" - slide 5 first and Shift Click on Slide 2 - then it works as you would expect.

I hadn't realized that, but it explains why I was feeling that sometimes it worked but mostly it didn't.. Obviously, those times it had worked I must have done a reverse selection. Thanks for adding that extra detail to the symptoms. And even bigger thanks for proving it's not just me and my system!

regards,

Peter

No! If you run a test following my instructions, as Dave has done, you find that, after deleting the selected slides, the slide highlighted in the Slide List and the slide showing in the mini-player are not the same. If you make the selection in reverse order before deleting the selected slides, (i.e. from right-to-left along the Slide List, as Dave then went on to do), the Slide highlighted in the Slide List and the slide showing in the mini-player are the same.

There is a bug in there somewhere! It is only an annoyance, but it should be tracked down and eradicated.

regards,

Peter