WnSoft Forums

Forgive off topic...

Guest guru

I wish to communicate to all who can be interested that my current mail account (guru@itbox.net) has been suddenly deleted, without any previous notification.

If my old (and new) friends in this forum would send me an e-mail, here is my new address:

gu.ru@fastwebnet.it

It is always strange to me that stereotype exit because they are not true such as Italian with the mafia Germain with Nazis Polish with stupidity Iris with drunkenness so on and so on BTW the origins of the secret society known as the Mafia are believed to be as old as the 9th century. During that period the island of Sicily was occupied by Arab forces. The original inhabitants were oppressed, and needed places of refuge to escape to. The word "Mafia" means "refuge" in Arabic. When the Normans invaded Sicily in the 11th century, the native tribes were once again oppressed and forced into labor on the large estates their rulers created. Once again, the only way to escape this fate was to seek refuge in the hills of the island. During every subsequent invasion of Sicily, the refuges established in earlier centuries were sought out again.

This secret society was at that time mostly intended to unify the natives against their enemies. Its intention was to create a sense of family based on ancestry and Sicilian heritage. This idea of family was carried through in the structure of the organization, which had a strongly hierarchical layout. At the head of the organization stood the dons, or chiefs, who were in charge of the Mafia chapters in every village. They in turn reported to the don of dons, who resided in the capital, Palermo. Members of the organization were required to take an oath upon initiation

Robert

Robert Rigaux

Fort Myers Beach

Florida