WnSoft Forums

No proper executable file [SOLVED]

didrod

I am a new member. I got the version 8 on september last year.

I was working on version 7.5 before and in mid time of preparation of a new file I moved to version 8.

The final PTE file contents:

- 430 pictures,

- 4 videos (147Mo, 547Mo, 57Mo, 302Mo)

- 58 sounds tracks

Its total duration is about 55min.

It was impossible to create a proper executable file while its weight does not exceed 3.24Go.

The sound starts and stops few seconds after; its means that the first track starts and the second track does not.

The sizes of the pictures are not constant and previous ones still exist under new ones.

I tried to make different executable files for example canceling the videos, the results were the same.

In the other hand, I was able to do DVD video and engraving disks. The result is correct.

To complete my complaint, on the sound time table, I cannot adjust the level of the sound.

Any comments will be welcomed.

Hi,

There are a couple issues. First, with a 32 bit program, the absolute size limit for an executable file is 2 gb. This is a Windows limitation and PTE is a 32 bit program. When you create a video presentation rather than an executable presentation this same limit doesn't apply because the video is "canned" meaning everything is sequentially spooled and the images, sound, etc., pre-coded. With executable code, everything has to be concurent in terms of operation and this limits the absolute size possible to the 2 gigabyte limitation of Windows for 32 bit executable code.

Your video portion adds up to about 1.053 g which means that what remains is probably exceeding the 2 gigabyte limit and causing at least the largest part of your problem. Without actually seeing your PTE file, it would be very difficult to say exactly what is happening, but the way I would proceed would be to first limit the pixel dimensions of your images to the size necessary for your expected playback resolution. For example, unless you are doing a deep zoom on a particular image or images, there is absolutely no reason for images to be any larger in pixel dimensions than the screen resolution they will be displayed on. So, for example, if you suspect your audience will be playing your show on an HD display of 1920x1080 pixels, then having any of your images in the show larger than 1920x1080 will be a waste of resources and will not in any way make the appearance any better than had they been resampled to the HD matrix size. Only for those images where you zoom in tightly is there any advantage to having them larger than HD size.

So the first thing I would do is if you have larger images, resize them appropriately for your show. The next thing I would do is to create a single slide show (that is a test show having only one image of say 55 minutes duration and all the sound files) and include the entire sound track to be certain that there is no particular mp3 (and make all your background music mp3 rather than wav) which is causing problems. If it plays completely through with one slide set to 55 minutes, etc., then the mp3's are probably fine. Once you are sure that all the music plays appropriately, the you can proceed with the following:

For each video, on the "Properties" tab in the Objects and Animations screen - select the video by clicking on it in the slide list. Next click in the box which says "Do Not Include File to Exe." Doing this will run the video outside of the exe file and with your five videos will decrease the exe file size by the total amount of the combined videos.

So by resizing your images to the minimum size necessary for optimal play, excluding the videos from the exe code and testing your sound files before including them in your production, you should be able to keep the size of the exe under the 2 gigabyte limit and have a successful result.

Best regards,

Lin

Does it need to be one slideshow.? If you don't want to resize the images you could divide the slideshow into chapters and have the running slideshow start the next slideshow? I have had no problems adjusting audio levels in ver. 8. If it's video then just import the video as an audio track.

Tom

Hi,

Thank you for your answers.

First of all, the main information I got from you is the maximum of 2Go as a limit of executable file.

According to the documentation I have (version 7), this limit is 4Go.

I checked the size of the images. Only 30 pictures were not resized.

I cancelled the images excepted the first and the last one in order to check if there is a problem or a bug in the sound. The executable file I made is 1.94Go, it means close to the limit.

I requested the transformation of all tracks in mp3 and solved the problem achieving a 1.70Go complete executable file including all videos.

Finally, the problem was due to some sound files which were wav type.

Didrod

As I recall, WAV files usually are around 10MB per minute. MP3 files are significantly smaller. How much smaller depends upon your choice of bit rate. At 128Kbps an MP3 usually comes in at about 1MB per minute - but the sound quality is much poorer than the WAV. The higher bitrates will give better quality sound but also give larger files - but always smaller than the WAV.

Peter