WnSoft Forums

Mosaic not Square?

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I'm preparing the credits for a planned show & want to use the PTE mosaic transition, I set the parameters equally (18x18 parts) but the mosaic boxes are rectangular not square as I would expect?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-43029100-1401361043_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Jean

I appreciate that, but in my opinion when the figures are the same the mosaic should be square. Incidentally I use 16-9 AR.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

16x9

32x18

64x36

Etc

I tried changing the settings to 16 & 9 instead of 18 & 18 as my original, & yes the rectangles are now squares, which may mean something in computer speak, but in my logic, my first choice should have been square. I can't find anything in the on-line help to that effect, so to prevent further confusion maybe a note should be added to that transition?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-26714500-1401425547_thumb.jp

...but in my logic, my first choice should have been square.

Those input fields are described as "Parts". Why does that infer that the result will be a square tile? You are specifying that there will be 18 tiles along each row and 18 rows of tiles. Unless your aspect ratio is 1:1 the resultant tiles will always be rectangualr. It is simple mathematics and geometry.

Peter