WnSoft Forums

ISO failure

yguy

I am using 7.5. I have a fairly long presentation in 3 parts. ISO comes up "failure" each time I try to produce an image. I have reduced it in size, still failure. I have tried to make an iSO image of each part individually. That worked. Any suggestion as to what I should do?

yguy

Hi Dave,

32 bits actually means 4 gigabytes which is the maximum file size for a 32 bit application, but when the language specific application file uses signed intergers such as with an executable file, the maximum size is 2 gigabytes.

Best regards,

Lin

I have just been trying MP4 on my new(ish) Kindle Fire using GoodPlayer.

I get a warning every time I open the file that MP4's of <2Gb will not play, even though the file is only 200Mb. They eventually play very well!!

Nothing to do with ISO files but interesting.

DG

Thanks. I hope that I understood - you are telling me that I cannot produce a presentation of over 4 giga because I did not understand the bit about:

but when the language specific application file uses signed intergers such as with an executable file, the maximum size is 2 gigabytes.

If you are creating a video DVD by creating an ISO image using videobuilder you should be able to create a 4.7 GB data file. NTFS supports TB file sizes for data. Maybe your bitrate is too high or you do not have enough temp file space? Does it fail when creating the ISO image or fail when you try to burn the image? Can you open the ISO file using http://mpc-hc.org/ ?

Tom

The file size limit of about 2 gigabytes only refers to executable files, not to video. Video is pre-processed meaning that all the elements making up the streamed image flow are already created and stored thus not subject to the application file size limitations. BluRay discs play fine on 32 bit systems and they could easily have up to 50 gigabytes of data stored. It doesn't matter what size your images are when burning a DVD because they are automatically downsampled to the proper NTSC or PAL image size requirements. Something else is going on so if you can give us all the details of your project including, as Tom mentioned, the bitrate and your computer system resources, perhaps we can help sort it out for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks again for your response. So you don't think that reducing it to less than 4 giga will solve the problem? I don't think that it is the temp space as I have 66 giga empty on my hard disc. The ISO fails and as a result so does burning the disc. I have to make about 30 copies so that I usually do an ISO image and copy from that. What is a bitrate and how do I check it?

yguy

I am using 7.5. I have a fairly long presentation in 3 parts. ISO comes up "failure" each time I try to produce an image. I have reduced it in size, still failure. I have tried to make an iSO image of each part individually. That worked. Any suggestion as to what I should do?

yguy

Just a question to start off ... What is the overall sum total size when you add the 3 individual ISO files that worked ?

You are going to have issues If any of the two files add over the 4.7 GB limit.

from my stash of info -- Igor's calculations

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6880-got-burned-at-99/?p=42906

and DaveG has been the advocate of iso for many years, so whatever he advises I would take it as

gospel

also see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4976-slide-show-too-big/?p=33262

now

do you have another burning program that you can make another dvd -- not PTE show

ken

Thanks again Lin, Peter and others. Of course you were right. After many hours of trying to get the presentation to be under 4 giga I finally made it, and it worked! So now I know that under 4 giga for a 4.7 giga disc. There must be some logic somewhere there.

yguy