WnSoft Forums

Publish DVD Video Disc will not play

David Porter

Mick,

That link takes me into a folder which contains separate files for each image, and the project file. Anyone trying to help you from that is going to have to download every file individually. I'm willing to help but not do all those downloads. Why didn't you do a "Create backup in zip" and then upload the zip file. It might be a monster but it is a single download that can be left to chug away in the background.

regards,

Peter

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yachtsman1

Mick,

That link takes me into a folder which contains separate files for each image, and the project file. Anyone trying to help you from that is going to have to download every file individually. I'm willing to help but not do all those downloads. Why didn't you do a "Create backup in zip" and then upload the zip file. It might be a monster but it is a single download that can be left to chug away in the background.

regards,

Peter

Peter

If you tick the box at the top of the download list it highlights all the separate sections (44) & zips them for one download ;) See screen shot.

Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-77064900-1402902057_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Progress report

I've downloaded from the original link, took around 8 minutes, opened the show, played it through to the last slide. Observations, no end title, assume there isn't one yet?

Placed a blank DVD in my drive & burned it using the method in my previous posts, got the successful screen.

Placed in my DVD player, played through until last image from above. Conclusion HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM more investigation needed your end Mick?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-29597000-1402906897_thumb.jp

Further info - I've just tried burning a DVD of an 8.0 minute show I did a few months ago and am having just the same problem. So it seems to be a Video Builder problem. I will check if I cut the show down to 3mins 58 whether it will work then, similar to my Stations show. Off to hospital now and to get more DVD discs so may be tomorrow.

Mickp,

Ive burned your source files to DVDRW from ISO using VideoBuilder without issue. The disc plays correctly in the PC/DVD player and (2) TV/DVD players. However, your source files did not include music file(s). I dont see this as a Video Builder issue since Eric's and my TV/DVD tests work correctly and your PC/DVD test works as mentioned in your first post

We are missing your music files ... and this may possibly hold the key to your issue. Have you tested burning full slideshow without music to DVD to see if it plays correctly on your TV/DVD player ?

*Burn full DVD slideshow without music and test DVD and/or

*Burn full DVD slideshow with music using LPCM Audio Format setting in Video Builder Project Options (not MPEG Audio)

*(Convert your current music files as another test)

Guest Yachtsman1

Mickp,

Ive burned your source files to DVDRW from ISO using VideoBuilder without issue. The disc plays correctly in the PC/DVD player and (2) TV/DVD players. However, your source files did not include music file(s). I dont see this as a Video Builder issue since Eric's and my TV/DVD tests work correctly and your PC/DVD test works as mentioned in your first post

We are missing your music files ... and this may possibly hold the key to your issue. Have you tested burning full slideshow without music to DVD to see if it plays correctly on your TV/DVD player ?

*Burn full DVD slideshow without music and test DVD and/or

*Burn full DVD slideshow with music using LPCM Audio Format setting in Video Builder Project Options (not MPEG Audio)

*(Convert your current music files as another test)

Hi Stu

Mick has already stated the music files were excluded, it's mentioned in the original Mediafire download & previous posts, see post 24.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

I have sent a ticket to Igor on this as it does not seem to be a problem with individual shows and yes the music issue is irrelevant as it occurs with and without music.

Mickp

Hi Mick

Two of us have now successfully made DVD's that play on TV from the material you supplied, IMO that isn't a PTE problem, it's at your end.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Mick,

I've now downloaded and studied your sequence and can see nothing unusual in the image elements. The only observation I can make on that aspect is that you have some images where your "Main image" has not been declared. These show "Blank" as their file name in the Slide List in Slides view. I don't think it will be the cause of your problem but I suggest you tidy that loose end up; just in case.

As I watched the sequence run I felt that some attention to a couple of points would possibly improve it still further. On those occasions where you are dissolving one captioned painting into another, consider bringing up the second painting without a caption and then bringing up its caption. This will eliminate the jumbling of the two captions, which I found visually very distracting. Also, consider setting your extracts of the wood carving on a background of a complimentary colour, possibly a gradient between two of the different wood colours. Maybe apply a very gentle sandstone texture to that background, too. Now when you zoom within your masks, I think you will get a much more appealing visual effect. Just a couple of thoughts for you to mull over once you get the DVD problem solved.

And while I've been keying that last paragraph a thought has struck me. Are all of your sound files of identical characteristics? For example, are they all WAV files at 44.1kHz or all MP3s at 256kbps? If you have assembled sound files with mixed characteristics that have used different audio codecs, that might possibly be the cause of the problem. Just a wild guess, really!

regards,

Peter

It's already been mentioned the sound files are excluded from Mick's sample.

Yes, I know. And because nobody seems to be able to reproduce his problem with images alone, perhaps the root cause of his problem does lie in his sound files.

regards,

Peter

Well if it is a computer problem my end, I cannot understand why it will play okay with half the show (both shows, Stations and Canterbury) and will play okay the whole show on WMP. BUT...

Double clicking on my DVD Drive icon produces the error message below. This also happens when I Rt click/play but Rt Click/Auto play works fine as does autoplay when inserting a Don't know what to do about this so advise would be gratefully received. Also all my data files are on an external hard drive but don't see why that would be a problem

post-7412-0-50136100-1403009258_thumb.jp

Mick,

I've now downloaded and studied your sequence and can see nothing unusual in the image elements. The only observation I can make on that aspect is that you have some images where your "Main image" has not been declared. These show "Blank" as their file name in the Slide List in Slides view. I don't think it will be the cause of your problem but I suggest you tidy that loose end up; just in case.

As I watched the sequence run I felt that some attention to a couple of points would possibly improve it still further. On those occasions where you are dissolving one captioned painting into another, consider bringing up the second painting without a caption and then bringing up its caption. This will eliminate the jumbling of the two captions, which I found visually very distracting. Also, consider setting your extracts of the wood carving on a background of a complimentary colour, possibly a gradient between two of the different wood colours. Maybe apply a very gentle sandstone texture to that background, too. Now when you zoom within your masks, I think you will get a much more appealing visual effect. Just a couple of thoughts for you to mull over once you get the DVD problem solved.

And while I've been keying that last paragraph a thought has struck me. Are all of your sound files of identical characteristics? For example, are they all WAV files at 44.1kHz or all MP3s at 256kbps? If you have assembled sound files with mixed characteristics that have used different audio codecs, that might possibly be the cause of the problem. Just a wild guess, really!

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter for your advice. Where the captions overlap I will put a space between the two paintings similar to the others. The background to the wood extracts will need a bit of thought. and my brain is too addled at the moment.

Mick

Mick

That error message is a file association issue. You should be able to right click the file you tried to launch and select a default program for it. In Windows Explorer, right click the file and choose Open With > Choose a default program. Select WMP and tick the box that says always use this program. It should then run OK I think.

I appreciate that doesn't help the DVD problem you have.

Mick,

The file that you posted on Mediafire has a period/full stop (.) part way through the filename and then a second one immediately before the file extension. If that extra period is present in the filename that you are burning to DVD, I think that could very well be your problem.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Mick

If you like, you could ring me after the BT witching hour & we will make another DVD together & we can compare notes as go along using the same data you sent to me, best I can suggest.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Mick,

The file that you posted on Mediafire has a period/full stop (.) part way through the filename and then a second one immediately before the file extension. If that extra period is present in the filename that you are burning to DVD, I think that could very well be your problem.

regards,

Peter

Peter

If that is the case, how come both Stu & I can burn a DVD from Mick's data?

Eric

Yachtsman1

Mick

That error message is a file association issue. You should be able to right click the file you tried to launch and select a default program for it. In Windows Explorer, right click the file and choose Open With > Choose a default program. Select WMP and tick the box that says always use this program. It should then run OK I think.

I appreciate that doesn't help the DVD problem you have.

Hi Barry,

I was not trying to open any particular file I was only double clicking the DVD icon in "My Computer" to open it up to see the files and I get that message. I can do the same by Rt clicking/open and this works okay. I do not see how you can associate a DVD drive with anything. It is not a problem for me but thought it might be symptomatic of something else wrong. I've decided enough is enough and I'm not going to bother with creating a DVD anymore, but thanks for you help.

Mickp

Hi Mick

If you like, you could ring me after the BT witching hour & we will make another DVD together & we can compare notes as go along using the same data you sent to me, best I can suggest.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the offer but see my post replying to Barry. I only wanted to put the show on a DVD to send to the chap who did the carvings, as I thought he was not really into computers (he prefers snail mail to emails). But I shall just put it on a cheap memory stick and hope he can sort it out. I've got seriously side-tracked by this, as I do like problem solving but that's enough. Thanks to you and everyone else who has tried to help.

Regards,

Mickp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the offer but see my post replying to Barry. I only wanted to put the show on a DVD to send to the chap who did the carvings, as I thought he was not really into computers (he prefers snail mail to emails). But I shall just put it on a cheap memory stick and hope he can sort it out. I've got seriously side-tracked by this, as I do like problem solving but that's enough. Thanks to you and everyone else who has tried to help.

Regards,

Mickp

No problem Mick. However if you are anything like me it will gnaw away at you & eventually you'll try again. If you want to zip the full show when finished I will burn a DVD & send it to your carver for the disc cost & postage, say £3., Could even print a personalised label on the disc, which would test my new printer which I haven't used yet to print discs.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

No problem Mick. However if you are anything like me it will gnaw away at you & eventually you'll try again. If you want to zip the full show when finished I will burn a DVD & send it to your carver for the disc cost & postage, say £3., Could even print a personalised label on the disc, which would test my new printer which I haven't used yet to print discs.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

That's very kind of you. Off out now but will PM you tomorrow.

Regards,

Mickp

Hi Mick,

Please get youself a few rewritable DVD's to use in the future when testing. They can be written on, erased and used over and again and you won't waste your money on coasters... It would be nice to find a solution to this problem. Sometimes these things can leave one scratching their head!

Best regards,

Lin