WnSoft Forums

Publish DVD Video Disc will not play

David Porter

I have one last suggestion, that you might want to try, but I hope you're a Photoshop user. Replace all the images in your show, not a major task if you use Photoshop !!!

It is something I found recently on a slide show I was asked to fault find for a friend of a friend. What caused the fault seemed completely unrelated to the fault itself, which was a sound issue.I eventually found the cause was an image that displayed OK, but it was causing the whole problem. After signing out last night I started to think of your problem and how it just might be the same or similar to what I found.

Changing all the images is not such a task, but first copy the folder of images for safe keeping. In PS, go to File > Scripts >Image processor. In section 1 of the image processor, select the location of your folder of images. In section 2 select save in the same location. In section 3 select Jpeg and what level of compression you normally use. Then run the task. When complete, open the folder you targeted in section 1 and you will see a new folder has been created called JPEG. In that folder will be all your newly created images all with the same names as the originals. Copy those and paste them into the folder over the originals that you used in your slide show. Allow them to over-write them all. You have a copy stored elsewhere, so no risk.

Then try your DVD again.

post-671-0-96587800-1403046580_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one last suggestion, that you might want to try, but I hope you're a Photoshop user. Replace all the images in your show, not a major task if you use Photoshop !!!

It is something I found recently on a slide show I was asked to fault find for a friend of a friend. What caused the fault seemed completely unrelated to the fault itself, which was a sound issue.I eventually found the cause was an image that displayed OK, but it was causing the whole problem. After signing out last night I started to think of your problem and how it just might be the same or similar to what I found.

Changing all the images is not such a task, but first copy the folder of images for safe keeping. In PS, go to File > Scripts >Image processor. In section 1 of the image processor, select the location of your folder of images. In section 2 select save in the same location. In section 3 select Jpeg and what level of compression you normally use. Then run the task. When complete, open the folder you targeted in section 1 and you will see a new folder has been created called JPEG. In that folder will be all your newly created images all with the same names as the originals. Copy those and paste them into the folder over the originals that you used in your slide show. Allow them to over-write them all. You have a copy stored elsewhere, so no risk.

Then try your DVD again.

Thanks Barry, but I did something similar. You may remember that I deleted the second half of my show and the DVD worked ????? I then went on to replace all the second half slides with others from another folder keeping the timings the same and the DVD then would NOT work. I given up now anyway and my ticket to Wnsoft appears to have been ignored.

Mickp

In the problem slide show I was trouble shooting, I never did discover which image it was that caused the problem, just thankful that we managed to solve it. I don't blame you for leaving it now, these things grind you down at times don't they.

Mick,

1. Please let me know the exact name of your DVD player (connected to TV)?

2. Do I understand rightly that in previous version 7.5 you could burn and show DVD discs with your TV and DVD player?

3. Please try the following alternate solution:

- Untick all options on the last page of VideoBuilder and select only "Create DVD folders".

- Use ImgBurn or other utility to burn DVD folder (VIDEO_TS folder) as DVD-Video disc.

- Try to play this DVD on your TV.

Thanks in advance!

Mick,

1. Please let me know the exact name of your DVD player (connected to TV)?

2. Do I understand rightly that in previous version 7.5 you could burn and show DVD discs with your TV and DVD player?

3. Please try the following alternate solution:

- Untick all options on the last page of VideoBuilder and select only "Create DVD folders".

- Use ImgBurn or other utility to burn DVD folder (VIDEO_TS folder) as DVD-Video disc.

- Try to play this DVD on your TV.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Igor,

1) Toshiba SD-230E and SD-220E

2) Yes okay with 7.5 but video builder sometimes hung so I burnt iso files

3) Burnt Video-TS file and plays okay on TV but re-burnt full show using "Burn DVD disc" and this still does not play.

The Video disc will suit my purposes now and normally I do not burn many DVD's now but I will still be happy to help if you need to resolve the problem.

Mickp

• 1 month later...

Mick,

Please try a special version of PicturesToExe Deluxe. Probably it will fix issues with playback of burned DVD discs:
www.wnsoft.com/files/test/picturestoexe-setup-806.exe
Please let me know about result. Thanks in advance!

Mick,

Get yourself some re-writable DVDs and use those for all your tests and "practises". Saves creating a large supply of bird scarers for your garden (unless, of course, you need a large supply of bird scarers for your garden!)

Peter

Mick,

We published the updated version 8.0.6 which solves issues with playback of recorded DVDs on some DVD players.

I received 5 reports on this problem when certain Toshiba and Sony DVD players didn't recognize DVD discs. The problem didn't happen on other models of these brands.

With new the updated version 8.0.6 this problem should not happen anymore.

• 3 months later...